• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody have Mighty Mite Pictures?

656owner

[QUOTE=There was also an experimental aluminum trailer for the mite, the XM585E7. I believe that seven were built and I know at least one survives today. Jim Gilmore has it.

Where can I see a photo of a XM585E7 trailer?
I have a trailer I can not ID. I started a thread in the trailer section, no one could positively ID it.
I believe its a Mity Mite experimental trailer.

Attachments

Last edited:

RodUSMC1962

This is not a mite trailer. I have seen a mite trailer, they look like the bed on a mite vehicle. They would float when deep water fording, so the Corps refused them. We pulled m-100 trailers with our mites in 1963-1965. I don`t know what happened later, I think they pulled m-416 trailers. The early mite proto types were aluminum just like the mites. I know, I was there. :driver:

656owner

Thank you for the info. And your service to our country.
But my question is. Could this have been a prototype that did not go into production?
And here is a vintage photo thats makes me ask this question.

Attachments

FrankUSMC

Rod
Here in my collection of manuals I was given the mighty mite prototype manual years ago by a Marine who joined the Marines before WWII , and spent 30 years in. He was in 2nd Motors at Camp Lejeune when they got in the first mighty mite (prototype). It was issued with the manual to a sergeant (sadly, I was told his name but did not record it). He job was to drive the prototype every day and just make notes on it. Later, he gave the manual to my friend, who gave it to me.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks