• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gigantic towbar

rdixiemiller

Well, I picked up the large truck towbar I bought. The seller was going to a Al. Forestry Auction near Montgomery and I met him there and picked it up.

Well, two full grown men grunted and wheezed and picked up one end.

I seem to have bought an M-60 tank towbar. The pins are about 1 1/2" diameter. the tubes are 5" x 8'. The damned thing weighs close to 300#. The towbar adapters are absolutely huge.

In the auction listing on E-Bay, the pic looked like the standard big towbar. However, there was nothing near to give me a scale reference.

It might do for an 8x8 Osh Kosh, or a HEMMT, M-60 MBT.....

Anyone need this monster? It cannot be made to work on a deuce, the adapters are too massive. I could make new adapters, but I'm not man enough to throw it around.
If anyone knows of a tread head who has an M-88, tell him I have his towbar.....

rdixiemiller

M1075 said:
I might be interested. Was this one of those on GL from Fort Lejuene?
No, I bought this from an individual who has had it for some years. It looks great, even has the spare pins mounted on the bars.
I'll post a pic tonight.
I just can't use it, so it needs to go.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wayne Harris had one of those in his yard. It's just gargantuan. It's hard to comprehend unless you see it. It's very easy to comprehend if you have to move it. Definitely the Big SOB of towbars. Weighs more than a Mini Cooper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks