• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Titling a truck in Colorado?

breelanr

In the Colorado Springs, the diesel emission shop that can handle tandem axle vehicles is Exhaust Readers on North Nevada. They will want you to remove the front driveshaft for the test. The cost was $100.00 last year.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
John , Im trying . UPS and Fed Up slow down alot in January . I havent seen any openings in the Denver or Springs hub. You know of anything . We dont care we just want to come home lol.

KaiserM109

Jon, Jay,
My MVCC application and check will be in the mail to Jon along with the title to the M105 I sold him.

I was looking at some of those trailers and wondering how a little guy like me could mess with anything like that.

Here in Douglas County, south of Denver, I have my current deuce registered as an "Collector Truck/Tractor" and that comes with a pretty cool plate (1st pic). Its also a 6 year plate. Because of this even though Douglas County has emission tests for diesel trucks, it is not required for this type of registration and its very easy to renew. …
I have 5 year collector's plates on my '69 Bronco. I had to have an emissions inspection when I originally got the plates, but never again as long as I keep the plates renewed, which I have done even when it didn’t have an engine under the hood. I also have to pay the registration fee 5 years at a time. I will definitely look into the 6 year "Collector Truck/Tractor" plates; thanks for that tip.

I think that those plates also help get a break on the insurance; it does with my Bronco.

Any of you guys have a deuce fuel pump laying around collecting dust? My chief mechanic says that it is dead.

Attachments

smith63b1p

Need some help here. i went down to the dmv in jefferson county( wadsworth and 64th i think.......anyways, I bought a m1009 from carson, and i brought the sf-97, proof of ins, bill of sale, pretty much all the stuff gl sends in the mail so i can get a temp tag so i can get the vin insp and emissions..... and they told me that they won't accept any of it and that they need a arizona title.....:-x.......anyone have a link to the "colorado dmv manual" that i can show them how to handle the sf-97.....

thanks,
shawn smith----first post

steelandcanvas

Need some help here. i went down to the dmv in jefferson county( wadsworth and 64th i think.......anyways, I bought a m1009 from carson, and i brought the sf-97, proof of ins, bill of sale, pretty much all the stuff gl sends in the mail so i can get a temp tag so i can get the vin insp and emissions..... and they told me that they won't accept any of it and that they need a arizona title.....:-x.......anyone have a link to the "colorado dmv manual" that i can show them how to handle the sf-97.....

thanks,
shawn smith----first post
Why an "Arizona" title?? I spent the $200 and went with ITS. (International Title Service)
Look up posts under "title services" with the search function. BTW, the Club, MVCC, was in your backyard last weekend for the Airshow.

****11/28/11**** Notice! Do NOT use ITS. Many people have sent money and paperwork to them with NO response. I must have been lucky, but I will no longer recommend them.****

Last edited:

smith63b1p

The airshow was great....at least the little bit that i was able to see....I was up to my elbows in grease working on the daily driver before the cooler weather starts up in a month or so...I'm assuming a AZ title because AZ is on the sf97....i'm assuming thats where all the paperwork was done...

41cl8m5

Smith61b1p,

I have to be very firm at the DMV in Arapahoe Co. that others have received titles with the SF97 form, vin verification, bill of sale to person from GL, and emissions certification. The agent behind the desk went to her supervisor and came back after what seamed like 20 minuets. She told me it was a good thing I insisted that it could be done because it can.
Now she gave me a copy of a page Titled:
“Colorado Administrative Title Procedures”
“Government Forms”

Subject: Vehicles Sold by Government Agencies
Any Alterations or erasures void these documents

Now the third (3rd) bullet says:

When the Government Certificate of sale is assigned to an out-of-state Dealer, the dealer may reassign ownership of the vehicle using a secure reassignment form from that State. If that State does not have a secure reassignment form, a bill of sale notarized or signed under penalty or perjury will be accepted.

On the bottom of the sheet on the left side has:”08/08”
On the bottom of the sheet on the right side has: “Titles 14.1”

The Dealer would be GL.
Out of state is Arizona; which does not have a “secure reassignment form”, the home of GL

Any way I got the Registration and plates, the Title came in the mail 1 week later (The DMV told me it would take 2 to 6 weeks).

All this happened on June 23, 2009
p.s. I was 1 day late one day on the Temp. tag and had to pay the $25 late fee- now that sucked but it was my fault. A buddy of mine had a car sitting on his property for a few years and they made him pay $100 fee and Title fee again, and taxes like he just got it. So. I don’t feel to bad about the $25 late fee for 1 day (FYI the temp was $6.28)

smith63b1p

Thanks! This site is great. I'll try again monday morning. I have a friend who is a DPD officer and see if she can do the vin check for me. I'll try to get a temp tag so that I can do the emissions. I've had a couple of replies to my post and I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to getting the truck legal to drive. My buddy at work bought a cucv a few months ago and showed me this website.

Thanks again!

m376x6

Emissions are not required for any type of fuel vehicle in my county here in Colorado. I have 12 acres so getting my past trucks registered as Farm was never a problem. Clerk asked me if I had any livestock, I replied I pick up bags of sunflower seeds to feed the Chipmunks and Golden Ground Squirrels, she replied that was all that was needed. My plates then were less than a $100. An SF97 that takes more than a couple of weeks is a result of stupidity on GL's parrt. But then again, they are the only egotistic arrogant self serving game in town!

Regards,
M376X6

smith63b1p

Well,

I went down to the dmv with a copy of this thread and the ladies at the dmv were really good this time. The lady that helped me was happy to spend the time helping me out. She told me that she learned something new today as well as a few others in the office. She gave me a temp and some other stuff, so now I gotta get my vin check and emissions. Feels like a big weight off my chest. Thanks again for all the help!!

41cl8m5

Glad I could help. I have learned to be persistant, to get things done with government. If you go to far than your an a**hole. So there is a fine line. But I try to always be pleasent and civil.

SPCHowe

Time to revive this thread! Ok so I purchased an M1009 from out of state and tried to get it registered but ran into some problems. I brought my SF-97, bill of sale from GL, re-assignment of SF-97 form, proof of insurance, everything I thought I needed to get a title.......buuuuuuuuut I'm being told by the DMV I need a DR 2713: Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale. This DR 2713 needs to be sent to GL and signed by them AND the original purchaser of the vehicle which was DLA Disposition Services. Has anyone in Colorado ran into this before?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks