• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old Links..

tamangel

hey Mods, I was checking some links from the Military Fire Trucks Thread and found that most of the links that are featured in some of the old posts (prior to the 'new look' I guess) are now inoperative. Is there a way to refer back to the old site w/ the featured threads, modifying them or adding something in the URL that will compensate..?

Or are these references/research and all info contained lost forever.. Its a shame if all the research people have done prior to the new format now is not available w/old links posted..

Mike

mangus580

Any link that contains the phrase PNphpBB2.... change the www to old and it should work

You will ahve to copy/paste the link

tamangel

using this link:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19942
it gets me back to the most recent links page of the current format

changing the link per your instructions:
http://old.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19942

gets me back to the most recent page on the old forum.. not to the thread in question..

Am I doing something wrong or is it the way its supposed to work..

If it doesn't ever get back to the original link, I will have to go back and delete all old links/pages/etc.. that refer to the old site and replace it with the main entry page for the old format or modify/edit every link that refers to an older SS thread... I hate having to re-invent the wheel..
the problem with using the old entry page is that is that you can't search the old forum at all..

did all the posted photos (not links but photos) transfer over from the old site?

Mike

Last edited:

TBigLug

When I change www to old I still just get the index page on the old site. Can anyone help? Happens with most every link that I try lately.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks