• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone interested in...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...an NOS fuel burning heater kit for the rear compartment of a deuce cargo? I do not believe that I have everything to complete the install, but what is there is NOS. I have the following:

Fuel burning heater
Fuel burning heater control
Metal "bird cage" that goes around the heater to protect passengers
Fuel pump
Fuel filter assembly (I believe this is what this is)

This kit has never been installed. I would like to get $500 OBO. I have never even seen any of the bird cages except this one. While this kit is made for the cargo compartment, the heater could be adapted to work for the cab or the van body of an M109/M185. In fact, I was going to do the former...but I have too many projects right now and, rather than have this kit sit for years, I thought I'd cut it loose.

I know this probably should be in the classfied section, but I figured someone might be interested who does not peruse the classified ads. Contact me if you are interested.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know this probably should be in the classfied section, but I figured someone might be interested who does not peruse the classified ads.

I guess that makes it ok for anyone then.

:twisted: Don't kill me Bruce, just razzin ya.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rob, you have a great point...and it is a point that probably should be addressed. I know I don't check the classifieds and only see the ads that scroll on the right side of the screen...even then, I only catch them by chance...by chance that I look over there. I honestly posted this because (a) I want to sell the item and felt that the best chance was to submit to the open forum, and (b) I thought that others might miss the classified ads, too. If I made a boo-boo, I am sorry. I figured the rarity of this item might trump "the rules" since the rarity rule also applies to posting auction info. Perhaps, I overstepped...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a couple of pics of where it should mount in the engine compartment of a truck that a fellow SteelSoldier member is selling. Mike Pop, I hope it was OK to borrow your pics off of your listing...

Attachments

gimpyrobb

Bruce, I tell most people to post in the classifieds, I would feel like a hipocrite if I left out friends. :roll:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You did the right thing, Rob. I take no offense. I'll explain it better over a few brews at Aberdeen...like last year. Maybe, PINKIE can take us on some more midnight off-road runs. Speaking of PINKIE, anyone seen him? He seems to have been AWOL recently.

gimpyrobb

Your killin me Bruce! I can't make it to Aberdeen this year. I had a great time and want to do it again, but I have too many projects here at home that need finishing. Last year was better than the first for me (not counting the weather) as I actually could remember most people's names. The first year was really overwhelming. Tilt one for me.

spentshell

Bruce can you post some pictures of the unit and the bird cage before you ship it out, I always wanted one of these and never saw one other than in the manual.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will get some pics...possibly this weekend...but definitely before it goes out. John: I will reply shortly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks