• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just won my first mep002a gen set from Govliquidation - Few Questions

Isaac-1

Your lucky down here near the gulf coast I have not seen a good looking MEP-002 of any type within reasonable driving distance sell for much under $1,000 once you add in fees in the last year. In fact one nearby with a crushed control box went for over $700 on GL a few weeks ago.

lonegunman

Paying even 2K for a decent MEP-002 is a great deal. The MEP's are powerplants, intended to run full time for extended periods. They are so much better built than the typical hardware store generator it is not funny. If you take a look at any civilian diesel genset of similar size they are spendy.

The downside is they are heavy as **** and louder than newer unit.

I'm building a power distribution box for mine, similar to what we used to built when I was in the Air Guard. The parts cost me about 100 bucks and I'll be able to use the gen to run the house or outdoors to power a welder and have several outlets available for power tools and whatever. I am pondering finding a small trailer to mount the thing on that will make it tons easier to move the thing around the shop and yard.

a109836

Just bought a MEP_002A genny and it's missing the plug on the gas tank float, the two wires that go to the auxilary pump are there but no plug. Just 3 prongs sticking up out of the male plug on the top of the fuel tank - - anyone know where I can get one of these plugs??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks