• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--ARMYMAN30YearsPlus--David Frankenhauser

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Will he have full military honors at the cemetery?
I know some folks don't like video cameras at funerals but for those of us who are too far away to attend it would allow us to see David laid to rest by his family (including his SteelSoldiers family).
We have an initial request in for the MD ARNG Honor Guard to do the final honors. The official request is initiated by the funeral home and cannot be moved forward until David arrives at the funeral home. No matter what, I would consider this a go.

Marian has stated she would like to have the ceremony filmed.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Carnac, thank you for posting this info, I have been out of town on business in Florida, I am going to attempt to make it, I get back Friday evening

Thanks Robert, will be happy to have you. Let me know if there is anything I might be able to do to support. Are you bringing a deuce or something else?

ems4ty

Rest In Peace... I've talked to him a couple of times and already miss his postings...

BUMP to the top (Getting near the middle/bottom...)

-Tyler

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i am to far but i wish with all my heart to be there with you guys. my greatest wishes that everyone has a safe drive to an from this funeral service. i know that each member here feels like they would be there if possible. for the many that cant make it your thoughts and prayers are glady accepted. he will be sadly missed. i am so happy that his very nice wife is going her best to keep her head up in her troubled times. we are thinking about her and Davids family everyday. lets hope the weather is good with just a small breeze .. enought wind to carry the flag open for all to see what David helped defend till his last days. lets not forget his sacrifice he made like so many before him gave. i know he is resting in peace

Rebelpride

I would love to be able to come but dont think that I will be able to, I to would like to see a video of Armymans funeral.

See you on the other side soldier.

Mama Kim

We are praying for video to be worked out!

This all just goes to show you the amzing presence of mind God gives Marian. She realized that she may be in a fog the day of the services and it is her desire to have it video taped. Not to mention that she will feel that she missed out on the whole, due to the part that was most close to her, once she has time to sit back and reflect. It will be a blanket of comfort during her lonely days to see & remember the honor that was shown her husband by his peers and superiors. What and who she gave up having Dave by her side every night for dinner for.

I have made some calls, but so far no responses, except from a guy who used to be in our church, who does this professionally. Even with his "I love Ms. Marian discount", which I am sure is more than reasonable for the level of quality workmanship he could provide, it is too rich for the budget. We were looking for someone a little better than the average joe taping birthday parties, but not as high stakes as our pro. I am working, while waiting to see how God brings this about.

Will he have full military honors at the cemetery?
I know some folks don't like video cameras at funerals but for those of us who are too far away to attend it would allow us to see David laid to rest by his family (including his SteelSoldiers family).

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sorry for not being around. It's been a black week, and it is a black season for me. Other friends have passed away, and now the COL. and now another friend is on his death bed right now, please forgive me in my absence and despondency.

I never said as much, through my own fault, but I always read our Chaplain's messages and took them to heart as he was a truly godly man.

Mama Kim

Marian has been granted the answer to a desire of her heart, we have a professional grade videographer. Dave's oldest daughter, Grace, is a life guard and saved his son's life while he almost drown after being carried off shore in Costa Rica, while on a Youth Mission trip. The current dragged them beyond eye sight in a very short time. Grace has that tough soldier, can do attitude that would not let her abort her mission to save her own skin. The real miracle that as successful as a busine that he has, he had the time availability just 3 days ahead. He is amazing and would love to hook up with locals as he is a fabricating gearhead like most of you.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a long drive for me, but I'm going to do my best to attend the viewing Friday evening, sometime between 7 and 8 pm. It's the least I can do for an old soldier who will be missed by us all.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i am sitting here still wishing i could fly up to attend. but the reality creeps in . i dont always get what i want and its not in the cards for me to be there. i would greatly appreciate anyone that does video it for a copy. many thanks to all those that are working so hard to make this happen. Tim

steelandcanvas

Marian has been granted the answer to a desire of her heart, we have a professional grade videographer. Dave's oldest daughter, Grace, is a life guard and saved his son's life while he almost drown after being carried off shore in Costa Rica, while on a Youth Mission trip. The current dragged them beyond eye sight in a very short time. Grace has that tough soldier, can do attitude that would not let her abort her mission to save her own skin. The real miracle that as successful as a busine that he has, he had the time availability just 3 days ahead. He is amazing and would love to hook up with locals as he is a fabricating gearhead like most of you.
Praise God!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would also like to purchase a copy of the video at any cost. Since I can't pay my respects to this great man in person, I would like to be able to share in the celebration of his wonderful life.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks