• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BOUGHT THE MIGHTY MITE!

cbvet

Just got back from North Carolina with a Mighty Mite & M416(?) trailer on our 20' VFW trailer.
I sure don't know how many parts make up a Mighty Mite, but man we've got a s___load of them!
Many parts are new, some rebuilt, & miscellaneous used.
I think there are 5 big garbage bags, an M416 trailer load, several boxes, frame, body, engine (rebuilt), transmission/front differential, some extras, etc. And I'll still need to get a windshield, tires, & some other items.....
I'll have to live a lot more years to get this thing done.
Anyone with spare Mighty Mite parts or helpful hints, please contact me.
(Oh yah, I'm getting the 1952 Studebaker M35 this coming Saturday. ALL it needs is a clutch.

Eric Wendt

Mike_Pop

nopics

NEED PICTURES!

I love my Mite. Can't wait to go up in the mountains this summer. I hate the carb, having a conversion done to it. That should make it run better on steep hills.

cbvet

Sorry to say I haven't started on the Mighty Mite "kit" yet. This working for a living really sucks.
When I get the parts sorted out I'll take some pics.
Thanks for the interest,
Eric
CBVET

GoHot229

Sounds like that your evenings and weekends will be filled with many many hours of sorting, setting on a 5 gallon bucket looking, and alot of thinking. Sounds like a great opportunity to put something out of the ordinary togather. I'm kind'a jellious..... Heep us posted and show us some pics. of your progress.

cbvet

Brakes done, driveshafts to all 4 wheels in, engine, trans, transfer in. Exhaust hooked-up. Ran engine a little, but carb leaking. Got a kit to put in it.
My "partner" in this Mite bought another one that runs, so interest in getting this Mite together has diminished. I'll probably get back to it this winter, but like many here I just have too many projects going.
The one he's driving has a cobbled 12 volt system, but at least it made it to a couple of parades. Also took it to the VietNam Vets reunion in Kokomo IN this year.
Marines liked it!

cbvet

Actually, my wife doesn't have much interest in the Mite. To her it's not that different than the go-karts & atvs.
But, I really do need to get her M813A1 painted. She likes big ones.

halftrackkid

Well boys we found a Mighty Might up near Visalia,Ca thats been in a back yard for 25 years!!! And a ton of parts came with it even a rare NOS snorkle kit and NOS canvas! Unreal......kid in a candy store here! New batteries cleaned carb an it fired right up!!! Pics up soon www.olivedrabdrivers.com Marchine Gun Marc Bakersfield,Ca

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks