• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 Fuel Fiter

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I built the very best fuel filter set-up for my Deuce and had zero problems.
That truck has the cleanest fuel tank there ever was. One of a kind.
I changed (renewed) all those fuel filters one time and never again. Lube oil filters too.
Turned out less expensive, like I am Mr. Frugal over here.
I thank all the SS people that helped me.
I am going back in the shed now to find even more stuff to give away..................

KevinGaus

I was up till 1:00 screwing around with all this. Setting the smoke cam, thanking the fuel filter cans apart. I’m happy to say I understand what’s going on in there now. And can deal with it accordingly. One had a rusty stuck and collapsed spring. I will swap it from the other engine.

Wagon1

I have an aftermarket lift pump on the frame what do u suggest I use for a pre filter. Theres been universal filter and it plugs fast

rustystud

For the first filter, it should be a "water/filter" unit with a10 micron filter. There are several companies that makes a good diesel fuel filter unit. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

I have the correct secondary filters with the correct gaskets for $5 each plus shipping. I doubt you'll find them anywhere else cheaper.
Do you still offer the secondary fuel filters for the multifuel engine? I have been trying to install the Napa o-ring gaskets and they are too small. They pop off when I try to put them in the slot in the housing.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Do you still offer the secondary fuel filters for the multifuel engine? I have been trying to install the Napa o-ring gaskets and they are too small. They pop off when I try to put them in the slot in the housing.
The O-rings are wrongs sometimes so one should just take it all apart to find double or triple O-rings in there making it impossible to do simple job.
Workin upside down backwards inside out is not good to try to resolve problems.
Wont hurt, a couple of mildly torqued bolts. Be One with your truck......
So just take it off and study and fix it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Did you buy separate o-rings at NAPA or are you using the ones that came with the filters?
I used the o-rings that came with the NAPA filters, the thinner ones. I stretched them and installed them before they shrank back down. I also used the washer gaskets that came with the filters for the top bolts. The bolt o-rings were trashed. The washers crush down into the o-ring groove. I hope they work when I start the truck up.

I used the o-rings that came with the NAPA filters, the thinner ones. I stretched them and installed them before they shrank back down. I also used the washer gaskets that came with the filters for the top bolts. The bolt o-rings were trashed. The washers crush down into the o-ring groove. I hope they work when I start the truck up.
Turned on the fuel pump, and the NAPA o-ring gaskets leak a bunch. Is there a replacement gasket that I can buy somewhere?

fpchief

Turned on the fuel pump, and the NAPA o-ring gaskets leak a bunch. Is there a replacement gasket that I can buy somewhere?
As with what frank said, take the assembly off and install gaskets where you can see them. I use the napa gaskets and have not ever had an issue. Something is just not on correctly.

m715mike

The o-rings that came with the NAPA filters did not work for me. I purchased separate o-rings from NAPA (part numbers 5070 and 5131) as indicated in the Deuce parts quick reference spreadsheet. If you haven't seen that spreadsheet, you can check it out here:

The o-rings that came with the NAPA filters did not work for me. I purchased separate o-rings from NAPA (part numbers 5070 and 5131) as indicated in the Deuce parts quick reference spreadsheet. If you haven't seen that spreadsheet, you can check it out here:

Thank you for the o-ring information and the spreadsheet. I had been looking for that spreadsheet but had not found it.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have put the information many times. Why not just change All the Deuce multifuel filters once and then never have to change any of them again.
It is a piece of cake, not difficult, not expensive.
Your choice, from 1 to 30 micron filters that won't let you down, installed in an area that is really easy to change.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks