• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Littlefield Tank Collection Photo link

m109guy

Well on tv they said the guy was a billionaire. So yes, he pretty much is made of money. I wish he was my friend :D

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the link. I've been going through some of his other work and another one of his albums has a great collection of WWII Warbirds along with many shots of WWII tanks and soldiers.

http://home.comcast.net/~bzee1b/Chino/Chino.html

If you love WWII Warbirds check out the Travis album too. After looking at a lot of his plane shots all I can say is WOW!

Ruppster
1985 M1009 Blazer

Last edited:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I interviewed for my current job, the company CEO asked me about my hobbies and I mentioned MV's turns out he knew this guy and had been out that summer to a "tank shoot" he held somewhere in CA. Small world, sorry to hear of his passing he seems to be unique.
James G.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are some awesome photos! He sure went all-out in his restorations, the attention to detail is quite amazing!

God speed, Mr. Littlefield...

Chut1st

I'm sorry to hear about Jacques Littlefield's death. Our hobby has lost a great member. I sold a vehicle to his museum a few years ago and had the privilege of touring the facility. It would be the envy of any MV restorer.

Jacques was a true gentleman and responsible for saving many rare historic military vehicles. Deepest condolences to his family and the museum staff.

Attachments

TURKEY131

ONE WORD AWESOME!!!!I would take just one of those and be happy as a pig in S%#@!. I had read that he had passed, what a shame. Wonder what will become of the collection?

CanadaDeuce

thanks for the links, I had no idea he passed away, very sorry to hear that as Ive alwalways watched with interest like his tank overhaul shows on TV last year, I wish they would do that with all military vehicles would be for a good watch .

In the new MV magazine did you all see the tanks he rescued from Brazil ? .......... whats the chances of that ? quite the story

Well thank again

CanadaDeuce

Chut1st

Word is that Jacques made plans, including an endowment, for the continuation of the collection as a museum. It will remain at his Pony Tracks Farm and will be administered by a board of directors. This is great news for researchers and MV collectors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks