• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 deuce and a half for sale

CharlieMXJ

hello all! i have always been a fan of the deuce and a half and now i have the chance to buy one for what i think is a good price. here are some details. ad says "1953 Chev Duece and A Half(Army Truck)" , owner says that it runs great, says he just did the fuel pump over and is in great condition for the year. asking 2500.00 (canadian funds). what i would like to know before i look at this is what should i look for? any problems that are common or anything i should stay away from. here is a link to the sale and any feedback would be great!!! http://capebreton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-...lf-Army-Truck-Sell-or-Trade-W0QQAdIdZ98225455 thanks a million!

CharlieMXJ

hey, thanks for the replies. i was looking at this thing when the owner wasnt there and it does look pretty good, however i didnt get a chance to hear it run. very very solid considering the salty climate here in eastern canada. this thing is sweet!!! thats the good...the bad is that all the tires are toast, all dry rotted and cracked. also the winch has been removed. what i need to know now is...what is a set fo 10 tires for this worth for this? what is the winch worth? could i use regular heavy truck tires? something with a street tread but somewhat aggressive? the more i read about these and the more youtube videos i watch, the more i want one. :-D ohhh btw the model # is M217

M135CDN

An M217 is listed as a gasoline truck with a tanker body . It is more likely that the truck is an M211 cargo truck, which has the dual rears the same as the M217. Either that or it has had the tanker body removed and replaced with the cargo body which seems unlikely. The other truck peculiar too Canada was the M207 which was a dualed chassis with specialty bodies added. Sorry if that muddies the waters even more for you!
I have a restored M135 CDN and as some of the other G749 fans on the site have said they are a nice vehicle to drive. They don't roar, snort, smoke and smell of diesel, so not a testosterone hit. They are queit and with the automaic tranny fun and easy to drive. They have their quirks ( code word for rat hole too p**s money down ) but then thats their allure, something always need looking at.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks