• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 ring mount TM

JAMartinJr75

I am looking for the same TM. I need the one prior to the 2005 edition. That TM covers the MK64 MOD 7 which was changed to the MOD 9, after a MWO released in 1998. Thanks for the help guys.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, It's nice to see others are in the same boat as I am! Just an FYI, I still have not found a copy of it. Sadly, David was gonna send me a copy but.......

HWC3

M66 Mount

I am a new member. Owner of M35 A3 with winch. Just purchased a M66 mount and looking for the TM on the M66 installation. I know I can figure it out myself, but nice to have the install instructions. Thanks in advance. Bill

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never found a TM for the ring but I was able to dig thruogh some old TMs in the Museum library and came up with an image on how an M49 mounts. I scanned it but can't find it :doh: Here is a pic of it after I installed the ring on my junk. It is an M49 ring and cast legs, but you will need the same brackets. The TM was originally to be used for repair of an M66 we put on an M548 at the Museum. I had to figure it out myself. Was fairly easy.

Attachments

Maverick1701

does that NSN (1005007012810) include the ring, and M35 mount?

I cannot locate any nsn numbers for the ring or M35 mount specifically....they all say M66 ring mount.

on edit i think i figured it out

Last edited:

Executive

GM is Germany and the site rules state:

"Location: We require that all members include their state in their new member profile. This allows the other members to know their neighbors. Users who refuse to add their location will be subject to warning, temporary ban, and then permanent ban."

This seemed the closest representation of what "state" I am currently in, and I did not want to put in my home of record, and inputting the bundesland would probably confuse many. Yes I am an American Soldier stationed overseas.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GM, your local onpost TM library should have it, and any other TM your looking for. At Hood it was called the MOS/Learning Library.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't realize that was the abreviation of germany , just kinda wondered with someone from china wanting a copy when the thread was new.

DirtDart82

I know this is my first day and all but I was wondering

Does anyone have the Draft ver. of TM 9-1005-335-13 &P? LOGSA/LIW does not have it in the ETMs yet and AEPS is no more. AKO was no help at all and the Motor SGT does not have it. Google lead me here Any help is needed if your worried that i am a NK or PRC spy I can provide a .mil email address

rcico2001

Looking for M66 ring mount complete for m35a2

Hello Fellow Steel Soldiers. I am new to the group and i have a 1983 AM general M35A2. I am looking for the M66 Gun Ring Mount complete with legs etc. to Bolt right to the truck. Thanks for your help

best Romano

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Fellow Steel Soldiers. I am new to the group and i have a 1983 AM general M35A2. I am looking for the M66 Gun Ring Mount complete with legs etc. to Bolt right to the truck. Thanks for your help

best Romano
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! You not only need the gun ring and legs, but you also need a cab reinforcement plate installed in your cab if there isn't already one installed. This is critical because of the excessive weight of the ring and legs flexing the cab. You will destroy your cab if this reinforcement plate is not installed. You will also need instructions to install the ring. I have attached the USMC instructions for the 5-ton which are the same.

Attachments

rcico2001

Hello Gary thank you very much for the info. I look forward to anyone who has the setup. I actually found a new old stock re enforce plate. i also have a new old stock M66 canvas ring cover with the wood insert. I was just looking at your specs and see you have the MEP003a genset. I also have one of these that I picked up in oct 2011. This started the green addiction. I also have a 2007 M200A1 trailer. Just havent had the time to put the genset on it. attached is the m35a2, Trailer and and original new york Checker Cab (we are 2nd owner) thanks Again best romano

Attachments

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone still have the new draft version available they'd be willing to send me? I don't see this latest version available on LOGSA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks