• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 ring mount TM

2deuce

I've bought a truck with a stuck m66 ring that I would like to get unstuck. It was parked outside for a long time I believe. I also need the TM. The ring is mounted on the truck.

KsM715

Try sending a PM (Private Message) to the first 2 posters in this thread. Its been a few years, surely they have some useful info by now.

ARMYtoolman

Do you still have TM 9-1005-335-13&P? If so can you send me a copy? Thanks.
M66 ring mount nsn: 1005-00-701-2810 has its own TM now : TM 9-1005-335-13&P.
It was in TM 9-1005-245-13&P dated before 2005.

Bad news is, it is still in its draft form due to the switch from the four levels of maintenance to two level maintenance system. I just checked Logsa.
I have the draft, but its a little cut up.

Digitalwolf

Hey guys. Retired Supply Sergeant here. I'm a contractor on Fort Campbell and I'm helping a unit here deactivate. We are looking for the components of the end item, Basic Issue items for the M66 Ring Mount. We have the TM 9-1005-245-13&P, but most of you already know it only has two pages on the M66 and they don't list the info we need. The draft copy of TM 9-1005-335-13&P doesn't seem to be available any more. I tried on AKO, the post portal and even google to no avail. Can someone please send me the draft copy? I guess send me a message so I can send you my email address as opposed to posting it here for spammers.

Thanks for any help.

Digitalwolf

Hey guys. Retired Supply Sergeant here. I'm a contractor on Fort Campbell and I'm helping a unit here deactivate. We are looking for the components of the end item, Basic Issue items for the M66 Ring Mount. We have the TM 9-1005-245-13&P, but most of you already know it only has two pages on the M66 and they don't list the info we need. The draft copy of TM 9-1005-335-13&P doesn't seem to be available any more. I tried on AKO, the post portal and even google to no avail. Can someone please send me the draft copy? I guess send me a message so I can send you my email address as opposed to posting it here for spammers.

Thanks for any help.

A big thank you to everyone who has tried to help so far, but thus far I am still in real need of TM 9-1005-335-13&P.
If any of you guys were lucky enough to get it while it was still available I would appricitate you hooking me up with a copy of it.

Last edited:

MatthewH

Bump this back up. Working on acquiring an M66, and would like the TM so we can properly disassemble and pm the ring before attaching to the truck. Any, all help with this would be great.
Thanks
Matthewh

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought an M66 back in December but I haven't installed it yet. Still need to paint it. The document posted above isn't the TM, but any TM that covers the M66 doesn't go into the installation details as well as this does. I feel comfortable taking on the installation and getting it done right after reading this. I've owned many of Uncle's M66s and I've never seen a TM that goes into disassembly or PMCS.

Attachments

Last edited:

MatthewH

Thanks Sigo for the link. That will come in handy when we get ready to mount ring onto truck
However, I'm also looking for the TM so we can disassemble the ring, clean/grease the parts needed, and reassemble properly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks