• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 ring mount TM

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been trying to get the M66 TM myself. Seems to be a secret! However, I'm in the process of disassembling one at the moment. Flip it over on 4x4 blocks and work from the bottom. I was going to do a complete write up on it eventually. I received a demilled one with a torch cut through it, and was going to fix it to be usable again.

Working from the bottom, you will see a thin ring held in by screws. Remove that, and the nuts and socket head bolts. Remove the felt gasket from its groove. Remove the lower portion of the large ring. You will see the rollers and races. This is what holds the inner ring to the outer housing. Remove all those. At this point the upper portion of the large ring should be free, and pull out from the bottom of the assembly. Turn the assembly over and remove the cover (that has the seatback attached to it) by removing all the screws and the felt gasket. Assembly should be reverse order, but I haven't got there yet. I need to make a jig to make sure I get the weld done correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an original military paper copy of the TM 9-1005-245-13&P manual, dated December 1994. This manual covers the M122 Machine Gun Tripod Mount, M3 Machine Gun Tripod Mount, M66 Machine Gun Mount Ring, M240E1 Flexible Machine Gun Mount, M142 Machine Gun Mount, 6650 .50 Cal Machine Gun Mount, and M548 Machine Gun Mount. This is a very large manual, printed double sided. The manual is in pristine condition and has a tremendous amount of information on a lot of different weapon mounts, including maintenance. Due to the condition, I hesitate to take it apart and scan it. However, if no one has a digital copy of this manual, I'll pull the staples and scan it. I provided a copy of the cover.

Attachments

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the PDF of the TM 9-1005-245-13&P "Machine Gun Mounts and Combinations" dated 7 February 1973. Unfortunately you have to put up with the dumb "Survivalbooks.com" front page. I can remove that page but it loses all the handy internal document cross linking and the file goes from 8.9MB to 25MB.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...Mounts-and-Combinations&p=1969624#post1969624

For anyone who's wondering, I found it just by searching for it via Google, and knowing how to dig and avoid the garbage reposting/search web sites.

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

The new TM for the M66 Machine Gun Ring Mount is: TM 9-1005-451-13&P, Dated 11-APRIL-2014.

Authorized to DoD and US DoD contractors only due to export control restrictions.

164 pages.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks