• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aircraft tugs / transports

rattlecan6104

couldn't find any other pics at the moment...Maybe someone else can locate some good 'action' shots:

...from this book:

Mike

rattlecan, was this the type (lower left on page pic) of Buda engined rig or maybe its predecessor?
no, the buddha looks more like the one pictured in Elwinel's post just before yours.

tjcouch

You mention that you may use it at a couple of different sites . . . . keep in mind most tugs have huge ballast blocks on them that make them very heavy . . . . not sure how you would get it from site A to B, but if you were planning to use a trailer, it better have lots of axles! :wink:

tamangel

Tugs as Snow Plows

ebay auction # 180330937275
ended 02/2009 no bids start price $7999.00 USD

Oshkosh MB-2 Aircraft Tugs - Snow Plow - Monster Truck
4-foot drifts are nothing to these rigs!! Twin 1968 Oshkosh MB-2 Aircraft tugs outfitted for snow removal. Selling business due to increased time commitments at full time job. Truck with toolboxes needs bearings rolled in, still running with good oil pressure but slight knock. Sale includes both trucks, spare parts, full military manuals. Trucks rated for puling aircraft up to 500,000 lbs, so a little snow is no problem. 4-wheel drive AND steering, 1673-B Caterpillar engine, Twin-Disk transmissions. Turbos replaced on both trucks, one in 1998 and the other in 2003. Michelin radials on both have under 5,000 miles. Parts include one fresh injection pump, one core, spare fresh 165amp alternator, other misc. stuff. Blades shown in photos not included. I have been under state contract in Virginia for thirteen years, and they provide the blades. Last contract rate was $145/hr each truck. 2008-09 rates are near $200/hr! Contract can't be conveyed, but I will assist interested Virginia buyer in getting signed on. These are considered heavy equipment and can use off-road fuel. Transport over more than 20 miles will require lowboy. They are geared for power and top out at 30 MPH. 38,000 lbs each. I reserve the right to close the auction as the equipment is for sale locally. More information and photos at Taylor Enterprises Use as snow plow or be creative and build that monster truck you need for dealing with traffic.

No connection/info only...

Mike

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks