• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian members and their Vehicles.

m109guy

Far as the cost you refer to if I had the money, and I have had this question brought to me many times and my response is, People spend how much on a Corvette, Lincoln Navigator, BMW etc etc etc. I have no problem spending the money on such a great peice of machinery!!!
Of course, I fully agree.

A lot of people ask me the same thing about the cost of my hobby of collecting military vehicles. I just respond with the answer that is a cheaper than the guys that buy the harley motorcycles. I can buy 5-6 army trucks for the price of one nice harley ;)

M135CDN

My field of dreams

This is my first attempt at uploading a picture and think I have done it successfully. If I have, then the back row vehicles left half are nut and bolt restoreations and back row vehicles right half are a resource centre. One M152 is a runner restoreable and the M38a1 is runner restorable as well.
The Iltises are my present make work projects. The licenced one came from public auction at North Toronto Auctions and I played around with it to see what they were like. Then the other six were bought by tender from ASU London Ontario.
To put it in perspective, this is twenty years of collecting.

Attachments

Superdave

That is a nice field you have there M135CDN. I have only been collecting for about 6 years now and my first purchase was a M37 as they are easily found around here and the rest just followed. I also forgot about the 1943 universal carrier that I am restoring at the moment.

ChubbsMcGee

ChubbsMcGee what do you need to know??, you have a M37 (3/4 ton pick up) or a M152 ( 3/4 ton with the van body and side windows and a single rear door) they are two different style of vehicles.
It's a M152 3/4 ton truck which "had" the service body on it but was removed by a farmer who bought it and used it to haul bails of straw etc. He since discarded the body so now I am left to find pic's, parts and hopefully a whole back section to put it back to original!

Superdave

Here is another item I picked up in the US which is kind of ironic since it has the total production figures for the M series 3/4 ton Canadian trucks and was TM9-1840C and also has the facts for the US trucks as well. I scaned the section on the canadian trucks and one side of the page has the production numbers and the oposite page has information how a person can determine the month, year of shipment from the serial number. You will most likely have to down lode the picture ad then blow it up for the best quality.

Attachments

Verkstad

Just throwing it out there to see how many Canadian members SS has and what type of vehicles they have and where they are from. :grin:
Here's another Canadian, Norwegian actually, living east of Calgary amid my empire of junk, Err excuse me,,, toys.
It may not be the middle of nowhere, But one can see it from here.

Aside from our legitimate farm equipment, we have an assortment of ex-military toys, Opps excuse me again,,, Vehicles, I can proudly claim ALL are decent looking and operational !

The favourites are a 50's 'deuce that's been modernised, '60 PowerWagon, (not a military spec, been modernised, but I'm sure it's still OK)
and most recent is ex-KA Hägglund Bandvagen 206, A couple trailers, gen-sets, compressors etc.

Rgds. Jakob

WPNS421

If anyone wants a Cdn deuce, I know where you can purchase them. But beware, there major parts missing i.e. in Newfoundland the removed the starters and the radiators, In On & Quebec the oil filter housinga and the oil cooler and starter. We have these parts and we started one MLVW, it runs so quietly I didn't think the engine was running. The biggest problem with owning a Cdn deuce is registering it we haven't solved that problem yet but we are working on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks