Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian members and their Vehicles.

Thanks

Maybe if we talk real nice to the Moderators of SS they will make a seperate section for Canuk's and our equipment ? ....... that would be cool

what ya think ? ......... kinda like SS of the great white north !

CanadaDeuce

Colonel
    Thanks

Yeah that would be cool. They have a section on non US military equipment, but they only put it up for European military equipment (unimogs, Pinzgauers, etc).

If they just put a section for "Canadian Military Vehicles/Equipment" I think it would be sufficient.

Thanks

I have seen a few chieftains for sale. One was on ebay about 4 years ago and sold pretty cheap (around $18K I believe). But unless it is in Canada, you will probably have a hard time importing a tank unless it comes with an official certificate from the military saying the gun has been properly de-milled. Without the certificate they will not let you import it what so ever, even with the breach cut apart, they want an official certificate from the military that sent it to surplus and nothing else.

Tanks are cool, and I would love to have one myself, but you also realize that you need something to transport them with and a place to store/play with them.
    I know all about the transporting of the tanks as I use to do heavey haul and still have access to the equipment to move these goliaths!

As far as the chieftains go I know that The fella in Alberta that has one, it cost him around $30,000 us for the tank and another $37,000 to have it shipped from England to his house.

Also for the gun, you can have them with no prob without being demilded because the one in Alberta if fully functional except the fact that the gun needs to be aligned/calibrated? and he is not willing to do that with his just to fire waded shells. The tank also came with the laser range finder, weapons system cpu and night vision.
    With tanks of late they all had to come with road worthy tracks meaning you are able to run them on the road without screwing it up.

And yes I am willing to pay $70,000 to own a mondern MBT , the rush of having one is unbelievble to which I have yet to experiance. LoL

Not trying to be Mr,Knowitall just relaying what I heard from the man that has one.

Thanks

I'm in for the Great White North MV section!!!!!

Go Canucks!!!!

Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbsMcGee View Post
    Also for the gun, you can have them with no prob without being demilded because the one in Alberta if fully functional except the fact that the gun needs to be aligned/calibrated? and he is not willing to do that with his just to fire waded shells. The tank also came with the laser range finder, weapons system cpu and night vision.

Not trying to be Mr,Knowitall just relaying what I heard from the man that has one.
    Actually, that is completely wrong. If he somehow has a fully working gun (is able to fire rounds if he got a hold of them) he has a VERY illegal vehicle. I don't doubt he told you that it was legal, but it is NOT in the slightest. The breach must be welded shut or cut out. Contact any agency you want and they will all tell you the same thing. If he somehow got it into the country like that, someone was asleep on the switch. My father is a ex weapons tech for the Canadian Military and he confirmed this. He was called several times while in the military to inspect tanks as well as work on tanks to make sure the guns were not functional. The tank can drive and the turret/gun can move, but it cannot be able to fire. Some people have modified them to fire paint-balls or a smoke charge, but that was done by installing something in the place of the cut out breach.

**** there is a company in Montreal that sold a set of deck guns to an American a while ago. The guns are both completely de-milled. The problem is that there is no paperwork from the military that confirms this (even though you can clearly see it when you look at the guns). But they are not allowed to be imported into the US without it. The US has a lot less strict gun laws than Canada and they wouldn't take some old rusted, de-milled deck guns. Do you think Canada will allow a fully operational tank to be imported into Canada with our laws? I don't think so.

I am not trying to sound "know-it-all" myself, but it is common sense and can be easily confirmed by calling many government organizations. I know that he is the one telling you this, but I would check before committing on any purchases. Would hate for you to spend $60K+ on a tank that is stuck at the port because you cannot bring it into the country legally.

If you have the money to buy a tank, then I wish you luck as it is a very expensive and exclusive part of the MV hobby
    Last edited by m109guy; 02-01-2009 at 11:36. Reason: Spelling mistakes are annoying

Thanks

I own this one. And it's legit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Thanks for the update M109guy, I believe you on the part about the gun, which I always thought that was the case. Even a demiled gun is fine with me, as long as the tank works the way it was suppose to minus the working gun. Far as the cost you refer to if I had the money, and I have had this question brought to me many times and my response is, People spend how much on a Corvette, Lincoln Navigator, BMW etc etc etc. I have no problem spending the money on such a great peice of machinery!!!

P.S good to have someone like m109guy to keep things straight.

LET'S WORK ON GETTING A CANADIAN SPOT IN SS!!

Thanks

Does anyone have any info on the Canadian M152 Utility M-37 ?

Thanks

Please check out this site, this is the guy who owns the Chieftain in Alberta.

http://armorcrossalberta.com/

Thanks

I guess I will ad my fleet to the list:

2 M152's
    2 M37's and 2 M37 parts trucks
    1 M43
    1 M135
    1 M35A2C
    5 iltis runners and 40 salvage units
    1 M101 trailer
    2 M104 trailers
    2 M101CDN 2 trailers

The OD disease has hit me hard

ChubbsMcGee what do you need to know??, you have a M37 (3/4 ton pick up) or a M152 ( 3/4 ton with the van body and side windows and a single rear door) they are two different style of vehicles.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast