Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian members and their Vehicles.

Thanks

The biggest problem with owning a Cdn deuce is registering it we haven't solved that problem yet but we are working on it.
    What is the problem with owning a deuce, meaning registering it. Why does this country make it so hard for people to enjoy our Hobbies!!!!!

Thanks

Actually Its a Canadian members and thier vehicals threads ! nothing about what I own or the museum owns!
    Owner , operator of Daf ya 314 , formerly Brit ter, progress mobile field kitchen, 1985 M1010 CUCV ambulance

Thanks

I would like to throw something out there, yes again.

I don't know if anyone has done this but we need to locate as many junkyards as possible and just make a call and ask if the have any EX-Military vehicles of any kind in there yard. If they do well I know with the economy right now a lot of us don't have disposable money right now but at least if we locate vehicles we can post them on here or Kijiji or even Ebay and maybe they will be bought up and restored or used to finish other projects!

If our Canadian members made a list from there areas and sent them to me I would even do all the calling if need be or just keep an eye on the list so we didn't make repeat calls to the same yard.

Let me know what ya think guys! Am I thinking crazy??
    Last edited by ChubbsMcGee; 02-01-2009 at 15:38. Reason: hit the wrong button!! lol

Thanks

Believe it or not I had breakfast with memebers of the Royal 22e Regiment(Infantry) and the guy sitting next to me was a former Chief of Defence (top ranking Cdn general) and when I asked the question he told me that the Dept of Defence wanted to disassociate themselves with these vehicles, so if a former military vehicle had a negative newsmaking incident the military would say they were not reponsible because they sold the vehicle and the new owner registered the vehicle. I have sent a letter to the Minister of National Defence and my member of parliment with this problem, no answer yet. Will post the result of my efforts. Let's not be discorage about it, we will prevail.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 22b View Post
    My M113A2
    Actually under the "End user " docterine put out by the US military your APC could be" Siezed "as they are not to be privatly owned !Does not matter what country you live in the US military dictates who is intitaled to own APC,s
    Owner , operator of Daf ya 314 , formerly Brit ter, progress mobile field kitchen, 1985 M1010 CUCV ambulance

Thanks

Whats the problem with owning APC's? We can own a British Chieftain MBT and we can't own a APC? I know the US Government will not allow there MV's to be bought, own or delivered to certain countires throughout the world, but Canada is not on that list!
    We as Canadians can purchase and import US Mv's and own them.
    Maybe I missed something with the issue of 22b's APC, but if it's a US vehicle then there shouldn't be an issue as far as I know?

Thanks

The US military has has last say on who may or may not own U.S. built APC,s and they have siezed them from private collecters even those living in the U.S.There is no "end user " docterine for British armour thats why there is so much of it out there even our british vehicals have been "Writen off"
    Last edited by Dafman314; 02-01-2009 at 16:09.

Thanks

What's the problem with owning a US built APC? I know you will never see a M1 Abrams in private hands but a APC!!??

Thanks

Hey ,I would love to own one ! but DOD have the last say!

Thanks

If your not suppose to own one then how do these MV's get into private hands? Check out this web site!

http://www.govliquidation.com/index.html

Go to the trucks and other vehicles tab on the right hand side of the screen. Enjoy

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast