• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trailer model ??

jimm1009

I have had what I thought was a M105A something trailer for 10 years now.

I am looking at the data plate and thinking that I might want to have a new one made.
What I find when I clean it up and strip off some of the old paint is not M105A....
I have a XM-105-E3 manufactured by Checker Cab MFG. Corp. on 04/22/54.

The serial number is 18239 and the contract number is DA-20-113-ORD. 12047

Parts list ORD 9-SNL G-754
Technical Manual TM 9-875 B and Lube Order LO 9-875 B

The plate looks the same on the right side as the M105 series trailers.
There is no details about air lines of course, but the payload information, GVWR, and totals are the same as the M105A2 data plates for sale from a certain someone selling top quality replacements.

I'm corn-fused now. Do I have a M105A something?
I don't think that I do. What could XM-105 be?
Oh, the Oridiance STock No. is G2754-8358631.

All the numbers are very clear in this area of the plate.
Jim :roll:

jimm1009

trailer model??

Is there anyone that has replaement data plates for this older trailer?

I checked a couple of the more S.S. Endorsed dealers and they don't have it on their web sites although they do have the actual M105A1 & A2 plates.

Jim

ida34

When that trailer was "accepted" the new trailers like it would be a M105a3. The X is dropped and the E is changed to an A. So basically you have a very early M105a3.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks