• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kansas City roll call!

HardCorps79

Hey all-
So, um, yeah. I'm gonna swallow my pride and confess, I'm a total newb. After driving the snot out of our humvees in Iraq, I decided I was sold on MVs. Didn't have the $ for one of those, so I defaulted to the predecessor. Have driven a few 1009s and love 'em. Almost bought one last year, but with fuel at $4+, I got a motorcycle instead. Tons of fun, but limited too much by weather. So this year, I decided, the hell with it, I'm getting the truck.

Just won my first M1009 out of Jeff City and should pick it up in a couple weeks once the EUC clears. I'm looking to network with anyone in the KC area for advice and possible MV get-togethers. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions that will be better answered with visuals and mentoring rather than Q&A posts (though, as an online junkie, I'm sure I'll always default to the forums first).

So if anyone in the Kansas City area has time for a motivated MV rookie, give me a shout out, or a PM and maybe we can do coffee or motor oil in a few weeks.

Semper Fi

54reo

Welcome to the site, and thank you for your service!

You will find this site quite invaluable in MV ownership. It will only be a matter of time before you "upgrade" ;-) to a M35A2.

I live in Southern Illinois, but currently south of Jeff City.

HardCorps79

You will find this site quite invaluable in MV ownership. It will only be a matter of time before you "upgrade" ;-) to a M35A2.

Funny thing- the wife is actually the one that wants the Deuce! She saw an M109 version and thinks it would be the ultimate tactical camper/BOV. Yeah, I know, I'm a lucky, lucky man!

m.walker

Thank You for serving , I have a son serving currently . Quite a few in the KC area but not all are on here , Welcome aboard ! I belong to the KC chapter of the MVPA if your interested let me know .

jodka

I live in Overland Park and work in Shawnee KS. Just moved here in December from Maine. I am interested in CUCVs. However, I have no experience with them and do not own one.

It would be a good opportunity for me if I could help work on one. Any hands-on experience I can have with maintenance and repairs before buying one myself would be helpful to me. So if you want some company while working on your M1009, then I would be glad to help out.

Just drop me a PM.

- Allen

P.S. Plus, I would be glad to help you out and since I just moved and don't know anyone around here, it would be a way to make some friends.

Last edited:

jag7720

I live in Mid-town (westport area) I have had my M1009 for about a year and love it. I briefly drove them in the army but mainly the hmmwv.

I have not seen any other CUCVs in KC since I got mine.

I looked at those in Jeff City... was tempted.

Good to have more in the area.

Jason

Aswayze

I live in KCK just up off of SW Blvd. I am not sure I count as a CUCV guy but I do have one marrooned in front of my house that belongs to Stagg (torque converter trouble) who also an SS member, abliet from Lawrence rather than KC. We're going to get out there and fix it once it warms up enough that we do not have to fight off the ice weasels.

I personally have an M35A2, an MKT-99 kitchen trailer, and an M105 trailer. Military vehicles are sort of a means to an end for my other hobby ( www.operationeastwind.com ). Sort of like how some crack addicts also use meth... I have a green iron problem but it is not my biggest vice...

At any rate, I have certainly done my fair share of work to CUCVs including showing Stagg how to do the body and paint work on his as well as changing an injection pump. For those of you guys who find yourself needing to throw down some paint or generally needing a hand or some advice I am more than willing to lend a hand. My little shop here at the house is fairly well equipped to deal with the sorts of things we generally run into.

davesgmc

I am in kcks, have a ferret and a 5ton. 5 ton is undergoing some serious reworking right now, anyone wanting to help, let me know, cab stretch maybe this weekend, gotta put the extra cab on the frame and figure how to join the two.

CUCVTRUCKS

I am in Kc Ks also, near the speedway. I have a fire department modified m1008. And a few m1008 and m1009 in pieces. If you need parts let me know. Take care and have fun with the cucv! Cortney

KsM715

Im not in KC but Im in kansas. St George/Manhattan area. 30 min east of Ft Riley. If anyone needs help with a pick-up or preview pm and Ill try to help I dont have alot of freetime in the middle of the week but I'll see what I can do when needed. Ive got property too if anyone needs some off site storage to park a truck or trailer.

chicklin

Hey, I'm in Platte City, North of KC. I am currently without an MV but have owned two M715's, a deuce and an M1009. Probably don't have much time for get togethers (job, two kids, etc.), but I'd be happy to help answer any questions I can. Good luck!

Mgood

Fellow KC M1009 Owner

I was just looking through old posts and thought I would say hello to the other MV owners in the Kansas City area.

I have a 1986 M1009 that is in pretty good condition. There are a few things that could be fixed, but overall the truck is in good shape. The main thing that I need to do is get the interior put back together.

It is nice to see some fellow MV enthusiast in the KC area. Now that the weather is getting better we should have a meeting some time. I would love to check out some of your different trucks. I will try to get some pictures of my truck up this weekend.

Schmitty

Hi Guys,
I live in south KC and I bought a M1009 last May. It needs work to make it a reliable runner. Did drive it back from Marshall MO when I got it. Currently I just had the starter rebuilt and will try to get it installed next week.( Looks like someone made this one a 12v already.) Next will be one of the alternators (those pesky gen lights that come on in low idle) then I need to find a way to patch the floorboards so I don't have to see the ground beneath my feet and need to find out how to fix the tailgate window crank so more of the water doesn't get in. I don't mind getting my hands dirty but I'm a nurse not a mechanic and I don't mind learning in the "hands on" sense :wink:. I could probly use some "technical advise" along the way. I would like to get it into better shape for the Memorial Day events at the Liberty Memorial this year.

davesgmc

I will be doing a lot of fast and frantic work on my 5 ton 4 door truck at my house tomorrow. anyone in the area want to come help/watch/admire my skills(lol) are more than welcome to come on out. If you didnt already know I live in the area of 75th and state ave in kcks. Nott too hard to fid, I am the only one with a 35 foot long 5 ton sitting in my drive way!

Call me

Dave Thomas

913-219-3179

HardCorps79

Would love to but I've got prior engagements. And my truck is sitting in the driveway with a crapped out injector pump. Waiting on a replacement, and then need to find someone in the area to help me change it out... Then we all need to get together and convoy through the city:-D

Schmitty

Dave,
Sounds like fun tomorrow but I'm busy with family and faith stuff this weekend. When I get the starter back in the CUCV think it would be fun to come on by and see what your project is like. I live off 88th Terr by Wornall Road so State Ave doesn't sound to far away.

Ed Schmid "Schmitty"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks