• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spark Plug Cables for M211

GFDF1

I am wondering were I can purchase spark plug wires for a 1952 Deuce and Half. Also the Delco Remy Ignition unit G749.

Thanks

Greg

Last edited:

badgmc56

I found a set of plug wires on E-bay for 50.00 a while back for my truck. Every so often they come up. You might check Alfa- Heaven. They have a lot of G749 parts.

JasonS

Unless you really like the waterproof ignition, you can drop in a civvy ignition from another 302 or even chevy six from that era.

1Pinkerton

Make your own wires. Hard to find solid copper wires. Use an old extension cord.

You see the temporary spark plug wire using an old corded tool cord.

Then you see the new 7mm with the old hardware. I had to take out the #1 plug wire as it’s the same length as #6 plug wire. I left the bare wire long without twisting it down on the newly purchased 7mm wire. I needed to be sure the depth would be deep seated into the distributor that’s why it was left long.

This GMC 302 runs much better with all 6 cylinders firing. More power, better fuel efficiency and no burnt out valves in that dragged along cylinder.

The person before used a plug wire from a newer car, not even solid core wire. Poor repair could have burnt up the cylinder and valves.

Most NAPA stores have the 7mm plug wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks