• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm now a Deuce Owner traded the 5 ton.

rmgill

Today I met with Dave and his son over at PDK airport and we swapped tools and kit off each other's trucks, pointed out various things on the other truck and filled out paperwork. He's now the proud (I hope) owner of a 5 ton and I'm the proud owner of a 2.5 ton.

I drove the 5 ton into work yesterday after changing the fuel filter and thought was good. I got to work and it started acting up again. I got it parked and described the issue to one of the CNN Facilities guys and he said it sounded like air in the fuel system. So I spent two hours trying to make sure the system was primed and managed to spill diesel all over my arm when I filled the filter can up with fuel. What I missed was getting the seal on good and snug after filling the bowl and that's where I spent two hours trying to prime it and checking things. I finally pulled the bowl again, found the pinched gasket, got it back in place properly and had it primed shortly there after. On the Drive home it was nice and happy, had power. Yaay. Finally. Just in time to sell it today.

Of course the truck then decided that it wanted to start leaking coolant from the heater core. This I realized when I got it up to PDK airport. I think the truck didn't want to leave me. It will I expect behave under Dave's ownership as he's got proper USMC blood in him. I hope it'll be happier in the stable of a bunch of USMC vehicles (Gamma Goat, M151, Mighty Mite, Mule) that Joe and David have.

So, Now I need to go through the deuce and start tweaking it like Bjorn has.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
[thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuces Wild! Love the 5 tons but the little deuces are much more practical. When folks learn it doens't have PS, they back off wanting to borrow it.
KE

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good move, Ryan. As far as tweeking it, it's a matter of sticking to one vehicle and trying to learn its secrets.
And letting it be all that it can be.
Good luck with your new toy!

Bjorn

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the little bigdogs. I'm with kenny, 2 1/2 tons are much more practictal. Espically when going to get groceries!!!

rmgill

First thing I want to do is increase stowage of gear under the bed. I added a second tool chest to the 5 ton and that gave me huge volumes of tool and fluids stowage that has now either been pushed to the bed out in the weather or to the under passenger seat area. I'm thinking a chain locker behind the front bumper on the right and a stowage box above the pioneer kit. I'm also of a mind that a fresh water tank or jerry can stowage bracket at the rear of the bed behind the mud flaps would be kind of nice.

Hmm, now I need a sheet metal bending brake and a wire feed welder to make the right sized boxes.

1958 M274

Hi Ryan,
Yes, Dad is very proud of his new truck. Now we need to add a winch with cable tensioner and level wind plus super singles on combat wheels :) .

I hope you enjoy your truck, I know it will be a good one for you.

rmgill

I sure hope your dad enjoys the 5 ton. I'll keep an eye out for those 6' ISO containers so you can really use the ISO bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks