• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB: NOS ROPS kit for M151A2

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where I can find an NOS ROPS kit for my M151A2? Please PM me any information or suggestions you have.

Thanks,

cobra5

Why do you want to install ROPS on an A-2? I can understand if it was an A-1 for that extra sense of safety. Just don't make any radical manuvers when driving and you'll be fine, especially in an A-2. Just my .2 cents.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife likes to drive my trucks and she plans to drive the MUTT. Even though she is a good driver and I've told her how to safely drive the truck, I would feel much better knowing she was better protected by the ROPS. Also, I really think the M151s look better with the ROPS kit. The only reason I am hesitant is because the truck was restored back to the factory set up...that is, the way it came from the factory. The truck was owned and restored by Joe Young.

bsalbrig

Delks army/navy surplus in asheboro, NC had several a year ago, they arent nos but you can wrap the padding with mil tape and it will look good. I got one for my A1. I had to cut the back post off of the rops for the a1 since I didnt want to cut the body of my jeep. The extra weight of the bar actually helps how my jeep handles, without it there isnt enough weight on the rear so it is really hard to drive on pavement. With it the rear is more stable. It seems odd, I didnt think it would work out that way but it did. I like the look without the rops so I took it off when I did my sandblast/repaint. I took it down the road without it because I wanted to drive out in the open, I turned around about .5mi down the road to put it back on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks