• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel fired heater parts!!

powersmoke18

hey guys me again!!! got some questions on the fuel fired heater units. would anyone happen to know where i could get a control box, wiring harness, fuel pump, and fuel filter?? its for the 20,000 btu benmar heater.

thanks!! Bart G.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those parts are kind of hard to find, I search for them from time to time just in case...mostly on eBay.

If you need a wiring diagram and part numbers for the wiring harness/connectors, let me know. That item can be made from scratch. The control box too, if you are not particular about authenticity.

The fuel pump is sometimes called a"Fuel transfer" pump and may be substituted for an off-the-shelf pump with a fuel pressure range of 3 to 15 psi (max).

Edit: I do have an extra fuel filter assy, PM me if interested.

Last edited:

98hd

Those parts are kind of hard to find, I search for them from time to time just in case...mostly on eBay.

If you need a wiring diagram and part numbers for the wiring harness/connectors, let me know. That item can be made from scratch. The control box too, if you are not particular about authenticity.

The fuel pump is sometimes called a"Fuel transfer" pump and may be substituted for an off-the-shelf pump with a fuel pressure range of 3 to 15 psi (max).

Edit: I do have an extra fuel filter assy, PM me if interested.
Bjorn, are the connectors for the wiring available? From what I've seen before the control box can be made, but the bigger issue seems to be connecting to the heater unit itself.

powersmoke18

i will take any info you guys can supply!! wiring diagrams part numbers anything!!!! i'm kinda stuck with a new heater and no way to use it!!

area52

I would like the wiring diagram also.

As for the connection to the heater, you could always take off the connector and hard wire the box into the heater, but I bet there are connectors on the shelf somewhere that would fit.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, one step at a time, here is the cable, get the connectors from any number of suppliers, Newark, Allied etc. Start reading the catalog pages and you'll figure out how the numbering system works. Along with the connector comes the clamp part also.
I like to call the connectors "MS" types others call them "Cannon" connectors...
Use 14 gauge wires or better.

Edit: Right click and "Open link in new window" for max resolution.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The control box in an exploded view. The circuit breaker is rated 15 amps. Wiring per diagram above.
The control box circuitry is grounded via its metal case and the separate "24 volt" wire goes to the positive battery terminal, it supplies power to the heater and control box.

Attachments

WPNS421

I have control boxes, wiring and a complete heater with everything, I will go look in my parts trailer and will post what I have. All of our green machines and shelters have heaters. Will post results of search

WPNS421

Looked in the trailer and found a Multi-fuel heater NSN 2540 00 113 4180 P/N 46792/2 30,000BTU heater made by South Wind. The unit is new in the box and has what appears to be a complete wiring harness with 2 level control and a service manual. I have other heater control boxes but they are in my 12 foot shelter that is buried in snow, i will have to wait a month or so till the snow melts. Anyone interested????:razz::razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks