• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel fired heater parts!!

evasion

Benmar AP 2030-24 LBG

I've got a brand new benmar 30 000BTU heater but no control box.

I saw the exploded view of the unit but I'm not able to make one.

Are those control box available somewhere, if not I guest this heater is useless for me (installation in a boat)

thanks!

Darwin T

most of that stuff is on Ebay. look under every varation of military, m35, and heater you can think of. if that does not work go to yahoo and add parts to you search. i saw a control box last month somewhere.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will also need an interconnecting cable, fuel pump and fuel filter.
The information in the images below should be sufficient for you to make your own cable and control box. The control box and cable are the same for all, so overlook the fact that it is for a "coolant" heater in the diagram. The correction in the diagram should be followed (the "HI" is locked out during the start operation).

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have a benmar ap 2030-24 lbg i want to know how the round plug whith 5 pin a b c d e ,where i put voltage ,on off switch etc. because i dont have control panel i have only the heater ,anybody can help me
This is the wiring diagram for it as it's hooked up complete with control box and fuel pump (as used in the XM757).
If the resolution isn't good enough, send me your email addy and I'll get a full size scan to you.

Attachments

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a bunch of misc fuel fired heater parts (control boxes, wiring, fuel pumps, heaters, diverter boxes etc). I have no idea what it all goes to (I only know it doesn't fit my M-37). If people know what they want / need please PM me and I'll start digging through it all (it is in a heated, lighted garage) to see if I have it and send you pics of it.

I want to get rid of this stuff anyway and I just can't bring myself to haul good (mostly NOS) parts to the dump.

No guarantees that I'll have what you want though. I will look however.

Storm 51

oboyjohn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With parts getting scarce, why not upgrade to more modern equipment? Wabasto and Eberspacher make great equipment for heating vehicles large and small. Up here in Canada (where we know a thing or two about staying warm in our cold weather!) I worked on our M109 A4`s upgrade project and that project included replacing the original heaters with new Eberspacher D8LC.

http://www.esparofmichigan.com/products

These heaters put out an incredible amount of heat for its size and would warm up a stone cold M109 in minutes. It was tricky to install it in the area designated for the original model ( under the turret ring at the front of the cab) and I had to design a new exhaust pipe for it to fit correctly, but it worked very, very well. For all of you out there who have a spouse that is always cold in the winter, install this heater and they will never complain about the cold weather again.

snowtrac nome

There is a heater made in Russia called plainair, I scored one in a trade a few years back, its a good reliable affordable substitute for a 10530. Those in Siberia also know a thing or two about staying warm.

GMDICE

I have picked up TWO ... never used AP2030-24-LBG heaters and I am looking for the control box and cable. Is it possible that anyone here may still have these? looking at post that go back to 2009.
Thank you

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GMDICE,

All my stuff is Stewart-Warner and Southwind. I don't know if it is possible to adapt control boxes to other systems. I can send you photos and p/n of the boxes and maybe you can find wiring diagrams and see if you can make them work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks