• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How are SF-97s currently moving?

Jinx

I just applied for my SF97 form on Sunday. (April 12) Is there some way to confirm the request was properly submitted? I had expected some type of receipt showing they charged $60, but nothing arrived in my email box. How do I know that they received my request? I would hate to wait 2 months, only to find out the SF97 request was never submitted.

GL needs some better communication regarding SF97 forms. At least with EUCs, you know when it was submitted to Battle Creek. With SF97s, you don't even know if they received the request for processing.

Numbers

Going on nearly 75 days now. Talked with GL over livechat and because mine has to get sent to Florida it adds a while longer to the time wait. In other words, I guess it depends on the state you are in like those Maniacs state which require none or KY which will not accept an AZ title. There are loopholes but each person needs to check their Circuit Clerk or local rep to assure they are correct.

Gastrap

It would appear my SF97 just arrived, so says my wife. It took about one month. Woohoo. Street legal tomorrow.! :)
You lucky dog! I'll be a month tomorrow & still dont have it.

Remember, its about $100 cheaper at the courthouse registering at 10 tons instead of 12 :-D

rat4spd

You lucky dog! I'll be a month tomorrow & still dont have it.

Remember, its about $100 cheaper at the courthouse registering at 10 tons instead of 12 :-D

I went 11 tons. With a 5% overweight allowance, that puts me at 23,200. It's about $270/yr.

If I knew I'd never be hauling loads of gravel or dirt, I'd just as soon register it for less, but I'm being safe for this go round. :)
Just remember, I don't have the license yet. I'm still undecided on that. Some day...but better to have plates.

Gastrap

I went 11 tons. With a 5% overweight allowance, that puts me at 23,200. It's about $270/yr.

If I knew I'd never be hauling loads of gravel or dirt, I'd just as soon register it for less, but I'm being safe for this go round. :)
Just remember, I don't have the license yet. I'm still undecided on that. Some day...but better to have plates.
Yes, better safe than sorry on the weight.
Any hassles on the title? like with the short ID number or "exempt" in the odometer status?. Ive got some real picky gals in my treasurers office:roll: Guess I'll find out tomorrow. Ive got this bad feeling one of them will ask for a new number to be issued. I had to do that once for them on an old bus.

rat4spd

There weren't any probs transferring the Florida title. The only hangup was that the GL rep just signed it without the "blah blah for GL."

They talked it over and didn't make too much of a fuss.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks