• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How are SF-97s currently moving?

Gastrap

There weren't any probs transferring the Florida title. The only hangup was that the GL rep just signed it without the "blah blah for GL."

They talked it over and didn't make too much of a fuss.
I ended up with one of the "nicer" women at the office. No problems at all.

60 Days Neb?? holy crap! I wonder whose desks it fell between? Hope you get it soon.

neb4x4

Yeah.... I am wondering my self, or if flew out the window. Or they just don't like me!!! I ran out of ??? and answers for the matter!!!

What do you do???? Oh wait, I know,...... fix leaks!!!! LOL!!!!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There weren't any probs transferring the Florida title. The only hangup was that the GL rep just signed it without the "blah blah for GL."

They talked it over and didn't make too much of a fuss.

You got a Florida title?

Still haven't decided if I'll register it in IA or CA. Leaning towards IA since you seem to be good at it.

I ended up doing the SF-97 thing. My money manager said if I went with a title company the M35 bed would have to "wait". Mumbled something about a "budget". Anyone ever heard of that before?

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My money manager said if I went with a title company the M35 bed would have to "wait". Mumbled something about a "budget". Anyone ever heard of that before?
Comes up over here once in a while. You been doing yer chores?

Rick

Jinx

My EUC arrived last night. Couldn't pick it up from the post office until this morning because they required a signature confirmation. Total time from request to arrival was 22 days.

Bobert

I am still waiting on an sf97 or whatever GL will send. Approaching the 40 day estimate.

My dad bought a truck last week from GSA.gov. Now The General Services Administration oversees a motor pool of over 200,000, and has a budget of around 16 billion. He paid no buyers premium, no extra sf97 fee, and he got an sf97 3 days after he payed for it!

The auction ended on a Monday. The payment transaction was confirmed at 4:30pm on Tuesday. He was then free to pick it up, and got the sf97 on Friday.

I am all for free market and capitalism, but get the lead out GL. A giant government agency it making you look bad.

Regardless of this fun story, I will likely encounter the latency of GL in the future, and I will be glad for the opportunity.

Last edited:

neb4x4

That would be cool!!!:-D:-D:-D Well from what I was told... "The truck that I got, evedently (on paper) went to West Virgina from North Dakota.... I live in Nebraska. I think that was there was of telling me the form fell behind the guys lunch box and the wall for about 100 DAYS!!!:evil::evil::evil:

TexAndy

oh my god. This is ridiculous.

I didn't even realize I needed a SF97 until I tried to title the vehicle today. The lady at the tax office refused to title it on bill of sale alone and said I needed "Form97"

And it could take 3 MONTHS to get the SF97 back??? How is this worth $60?!??

ABN173

oh my god. This is ridiculous.

I didn't even realize I needed a SF97 until I tried to title the vehicle today. The lady at the tax office refused to title it on bill of sale alone and said I needed "Form97"

And it could take 3 MONTHS to get the SF97 back??? How is this worth $60?!??
Every state is different, however most offer some type of "Trip ticket" or "Temp Tag" that should allow you to legally drive it while your waiting on your SF-97. Washington offered me a 45 day trip ticket, it expired so I purchased another one but like 3-days later the SF-97 came in.

TexAndy

Every state is different, however most offer some type of "Trip ticket" or "Temp Tag" that should allow you to legally drive it while your waiting on your SF-97. Washington offered me a 45 day trip ticket, it expired so I purchased another one but like 3-days later the SF-97 came in.

Eh, I just drove it home with fingers crossed. And then again to show off to a friend 30 miles away with fingers crossed again.

Passed lots of cops... and none of them did anything more than wave. I guess they thought I was in the national guard or something. :smile:

runk

Temp tag in Texas

It's easy to get a 30 day temp tag in texas, you just need proof of insurance for the truck and $25 (cash only !, some sort of quirk in the law apparently). Go in to the same county tax office as for the title and registration. Only limit is you are not supposed to drive the truck loaded, since it is over 1 ton (I think that was the limit:?:) payload.

ARYankee

I just got both of mine today on items I bought months ago. I applied almost 2 weeks ago so I would say it isn't taking very long.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks