• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for M35A2 canvas cargo cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

halftrack

Guys, I am looking for an M35A2 canvas cargo cover that is either new or in really good shape. I need the end curtains, too. I am thinking that it might be difficult to find a new one since they are getting kind of rare so I may have to settle for a good used canvas cargo cover. I know I can get a vinyl cover, but I really prefer the look and smell of canvas. It just seems so much more military to me. I have already checked with the "big boys" like WeeBee, Beachwood and NewLife, and they want crazy money like $800 on up for the cover and end curtains. Does anyone have one or know where I can get such a cover? Thanks in advance.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is my kit. It's not just the cover and curtains. It is a complete cargo cover kit with NEW everything. Bows, fiberglass staves, hardware, straps, bow corners, and canvas. I priced canvas at the places mentioned above and you are right. The cheapest you can get the canvas cover and end curtains is just under $800. What are bows worth? I've bought decent all wooden bows for $20 that were very usable, but had been on a truck for a while and I've bought bows with fiberglass uprights for $25-40, depending on condition. The bows in this kit are unused and as nice as they come. There's almost $200 just in bows.

You can check it out here if interested.

aboonski

CUCVFAN I remember paying over $500.00 just for a new canvas cargo cover with two new canvas front and rear curtains. Considering you have the complete kit you should get around $800 to $1000 for the setup. I bought a lot of the components separately for my M35A2C and spent about $1000 plus shipping. Your starting bid is perfect.

wdwjr

Look you guys i just ordered a brand new cargo cover , end curtains and cab top for my 63 studebaker M35-A2 from the John Johnson company who are the orginal mfg of all canvas tops for the military. It's costing me just over 800.00 for everything brand new just made !!!
EBAY buyers are nuts on some things but what the hell.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, you should've waited till now and picked it up (with new bows) in person with no shipping charges...:wink:

I would probably sell the canvas cover and end curtains for $400.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally, I'd rather have the bows for an additional $150 or so. New bows are almost non-existent. Even conservatively estimating that the new bows are worth $35 apiece means the cargo cover is worth more than $375...at least in my book. I would buy them at that price all day long. I can always use more bows...especially new ones. CUCVFAN, if you are selling just the bows, I am interested. Keep me posted. That is CHEAP!

Trapper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 1968 Deuce and a half and am looking for a complete kit in green. Do you have anything or a lead for a kit?

Thanks,
Alan

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to start a thread in the "wanted" section for a cover. This thread was started before the rule was in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks