• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m105 bobbed conversion

dreadneck

m105 springs on bobbed deuce

does anybody know if its possible to use the spring packs and perches off of an m105 trailer to bob the rear end of a deuce? if i had a trailer handy to look at i could probably tell.....

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes it has been done, but you'll have to put in a 2" spacer. The difference is how the sping hangers mount. Do a search for bobbed deuces with Ranchhopper as the thread starter. Should pull up the info.

dreadneck

ranchhopper, i've never liked the fore/aft spring flex you get from under spring lift blocks like this. i'll probably fab some under frame lift blocks for the perches. thanx for the pics, sanitary lookin truck...

mowerman

New bobbed deuce info

I am just starting the bob job on my newly aquired deuce, and i am using the m105 springs and brackets. Why does it appear that when this is done nobody installs the overload packs? Its only a matter of 12 more holes to drill, and longer ubolts. Also nobody seemed to answer the question of shocks or no shocks on the rear. Is the rule of thumb 3 inches of lift block, and has anybody experienced axle wrap with this done? Thanks

ccequipment

I use the M105 springs, I take the main stack apart, and take the overload stack apart. Build your you main pack up using the overload leaves also, just stack them up in the right order. This will do two things, you get your 3" of lift by the extra leaves, and the extra arch of the overloads. Plus it make the pack a little more firm for less spring wrap. Its just like adding an add a leaf. The ride may be a little more rough, but rember this is not a Cadillac

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks