• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bought first deuce

joeypushjr1

ok i just bought my first deuce and im picking it up in march and the trip will be documented when that time comes... now i bought this deuce from a ss member company andydeiselpower his company army6x6.com he has several more 35's and 1 or 2 5 tons... some winches and some not.. now mine is an am general "c" whistler a very soild truck and gov stamped new carc in 05 on it .. very very little rust spots i only found like 2-3 spots but you have to be looking.... it has a soft top which ill be needing to replace soon the rear window is ripping around the zipper so if anyone knows of any tops let me know... and has a coolent style 30000 btu cab heater. not a fuel one but hey i have heat in this northern ohio winters.. ... future up grades will be air assist stearing.. and winch kit i found sites all on this site.. very informative.. so ill bring up dates when the pich up is complete but here are the picks i have of it from his site i didnt take any when i went and test drove it .. anything anyone would like to add feel free any info is taken in.. oh and ill be attending haspin this year with my new toy lok forward to seeing everyone thats going there.....joe

Attachments

joeypushjr1

he had a few at his uncles place in Coshocton and thats where im picking this one up so yes ohio is where i got this one .. mn would have been a bit of a ride for me at the moment .. works been crazy busy and the time i would have had to take to go get her would have been a bit much ..joe

oilcan

Aw heck. You won't even get it up to operating temp then! :razz:
Post up if you need a hand, I'm not too far away.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll never have to go far for parts/accessories being right down the road from Winer and Adelmans.

joeypushjr1

well that one is my second allready i have a 1009 but il be getting a flatbed to go with the deuce next. the xm 1961e1 to haul my 1009 around .. so i know itll handle the weight but i hope its not to high to haul the truck...

joeypushjr1

oh hey mistaken1 how did you post both your trucks i tried to edit my avitar but i can only have the one truck or did you have to edit it on your computer and then load the pic the the ss

mistaken1

oh hey mistaken1 how did you post both your trucks i tried to edit my avitar but i can only have the one truck or did you have to edit it on your computer and then load the pic the the ss
I used an old copy of Paint Shop Pro (although MS photo editor should work) and created a new large picture. I then opened a picture of the first truck and marked the area and did a copy. Then I pasted it as new selection in the blank picture. I did the same thing with the second truck and then cropped down the final picture.

Post up a couple of pictures and I will put them both in the same file and post back.

HAH! I told you less than six months and you already have two green trucks. :wink:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks