• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2009 Red Ballin' Convoy

jasonjc

The 2009 ARMVPA Red Ballin' Convoy is set for the 25th of April. Last year there was about 30 MV's. The convoy is set too be about 100 miles long with a lot of stops and was a ton of fun last year. Here is a copy of the e-mail I got.

Greetings all!

Things are starting to finalize so I’m sending out a revised map and a couple photos. The photos concern the most restrictive bridge we’ll be going over. Those in jeeps have no concerns. If you’re in a deuce & ½ you should be fine. If you’re in a 5-ton or something else that is outside the limits on the sign please contact me and we’ll discuss further. I didn’t doctor the photos extensively but I did try to reduce them in size so they wouldn’t take too long to load.

Some reminders (not in any particular order):

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">If you haven’t made your hotel reservation I would suggest you do so before too long. Host hotel: Clarion @ 479-521-1166 (mention Red Ballin’ Thru the Ozarks for the reserved block/rate). <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Friday afternoon we’ll have a mini-run to the Fayetteville Vet’s home. Mid afternoon. I’ll get more specific after I get an opportunity to visit with the coordinator again. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Sad to say but I must also mention that you should have some means of securing your goods as well as your trailer while parked at the hotel. Items like fuel cans, pioneer tools, the trailer itself, etc. If you do not have a trailer lock I would suggest obtaining one or a length of chain and a pad lock. Otherwise, if need be you can trailer to my place, about 8 miles away from the hotel, unload, and drive your HMV back to the hotel. I know some of you have made provisions for your vehicle to be secure as it was likely designed to be started without keys. For those of you who have not please take that into consideration in how/where your park and perhaps bring a chain and a lock for your vehicle itself. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Again, please pass on communication to those you know that do not have email and if there is someone you know that should be receiving emails please let me know and I’ll make sure they’re on my list. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">All the usual reminders: check oil, lights, brakes, tires etc and fuel up prior to the convoy’s departure. Make sure you have your documents in the vehicle (i.e.: registration, insurance). <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Remember the after-convoy dinner. It will be helpful if you know you are going to attend if you’ll send in your headcount and fee with your convoy registration. Last year’s dinner was mighty tasty and we’ve got the same cook this year. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">We’re in the Ozark mountains here so be prepared for any type of weather. It very well could be quite cool in the early hours. Be prepared for rain and hope for sunshine. I’m working as closely as I can with the weatherman but I can’t make any guarantees. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">We have a number of stops scheduled where you can grab a drink or a snack but if you want munchies along the way you may want to have those on hand prior to departure. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">If you have specific questions, concerns, suggestions please feel free to communicate them to me. If there’s something I’ve not touched on please let me know.
  • Please go to the web site (www.armvpa.com) and click on the convoy tab for further details, information and registration forms. Please read them all thoroughly.

I’m looking forward to our event as well as the reunion of last year’s participants and meeting this year's new participants. Please also keep in mind that although you get these communications from me there are others involved. Dan Sharon, Lewis & Molly Anderson and my wife Marsha have been very helpful and supportive of this event and I very much appreciate their assistance. This wouldn’t come together the way it does without them.

Have I left anything out? Let me know!

Thanks,
Jerome
Keep ‘em rollin’

ARYankee

I'm interested. I'll have to check with my Supreme Commander and see about my schedule. Plus I still have to wait and get my deuce. Hurry up Battle Creek :)

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sounds like great fun. I am checking to get that week-end off.
You need to edit your post and put a space on either end of your link so it will open.

Shackey985

If you wanted to add a bite of the international flavor to this event, which sound like a great trip, the 25th of April is what we downunder in Australia and New Zealand call ANZAC day, our day to remember those that payed the supreme sacrifice in all wars and continue to do so.

We start the day with a dawn service followed by a large breakfast and coffee laced with a drop of Rum. It is followed by a parade to the cenotaph and laying of wreaths.

May I dare to suggest that you obtain an Australian and New Zealand flag from our nearest consulate and fly them during the road run.

jasonjc

If you wanted to add a bite of the international flavor to this event, which sound like a great trip, the 25th of April is what we downunder in Australia and New Zealand call ANZAC day, our day to remember those that payed the supreme sacrifice in all wars and continue to do so.

We start the day with a dawn service followed by a large breakfast and coffee laced with a drop of Rum. It is followed by a parade to the cenotaph and laying of wreaths.

May I dare to suggest that you obtain an Australian and New Zealand flag from our nearest consulate and fly them during the road run.

Had I know this sooner I would have done just that. I will try to do that for next year if they have it on the same day.

jasonjc

Well the 2009 Red ball was alot of fun. We had 37 MV's 3 M35a2, 1 m135 , 1 m211 , 1 M3 scout car (nice looking rig) 1 gama goat (drove 160miles to the convy by a SS'er) 1 WC-?? (the one with the 37mm AT gun) another older dodge not shure the # thought, 1 M37 1 mity mite , the rest were jeeps/mutts.

No major problems the mity mite pulled into the frist stop with a flat. Jacks and lug wrench came flying in from all over and it was changed in no time. One of the m38's had a inline fuel filter get clogged. They "rigged" it and it made the rest of the trip.

There were a few of us SS'er they. We need to work on that scert hand shake:p

And before you all give me thenopicsnopics

My new GF took lots of pic's BUT she used one of those old time camers that use that stuff that comes in the little plastic tubes:p So I will have too wait for her to get them developed:oops:
So pic will be fouth coming.

combat32

Wish I could have made it, still need to join up with the Arkansas MVPA.I know Lewis and a few of the others.I had to work, sure gets in the way of my fun, my M35a2 is now FMC and ready to roll, I will be at Petit Jean for sure this year.Looking forward to the pics, as I was leaving work I got passed by the Gamma Goat and the guy with the 37 on a trailer, I knew that was where they were headed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks