• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

those hard to find wc21 open cab seats

dougimes

For anyone having trouble finding seats for your wc21? Here is what I did...

take a pair of m135 seats which seem to be easier to find. Cut out some 16g. side panels to correct shape.

The seat ends up looking about right, albeit 2" too short. Should pass all but closest inspection.

Attachments

dougimes

while I am at it, I want some opinion from you all

a. were wc21's ever equipped with 16/900 tires? I kinda like the look with larger tires, but I dont want to cross an authenticity line.

b. does anyone have any photos showing a wc with a radio in it?

choppa

Doug, I am in the same dilema.. Need seats for an open cab 1/2 ton.

KI like your solution.

WAS going to go with used take out M601 Dodge seats offered by Vintage Power Wagons.

Humm.. I wonder which would work best.. your mmethod or the VPW M601 seats.

Thanks for your post! It gives us all ideas!

nattieleather

while I am at it, I want some opinion from you all

a. were wc21's ever equipped with 16/900 tires? I kinda like the look with larger tires, but I dont want to cross an authenticity line.

b. does anyone have any photos showing a wc with a radio in it?
Are you going for a correct it rolled out of the factory that way restoration or do you want a more hey this is in the field restoration? Will you be entering it into judging at the national MVPA convention or just enjoying your truck? If your answer is yes I want a factory restoration and I will be showing it for compitition then I would not use the 900x16 tires. On the other hand if you want to say it was "field modified" at the unit level then put the taller tires on and enjoy the slight increase in road speed.

As for a radio I have never seen a picture of one with a radio, but that doesn't mean anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks