• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3rd Tool chest on the 5 Tons

rmgill

As I've alluded to on past posts, I added a second Tool chest to my 5 Ton on the right side above the primary tool chest. I did this by removing the pioneer tool rack (never did find a good alternative location, though I was thinking about on the inside of the tailgate).

Anyhow, here's a photo of the truck. It's now David and Joe Schaeffer's truck. 5 Tons are far easier to deal with if you have a soldier B to handle the other task that always needs doing.

This worked amazingly well for storage. Lots of space for tools and spare hoses and such. I'm going to miss that storage. I'm already thinking of places to add additional tool boxes on my M35.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats exactly what we did in the Army, especially with the 900 series tractors. We'd order and install extra BII/OVM boxes for storing the ratchet straps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks