• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maine Rally 2009

Boatcarpenter

m38inmaine, I talked to scooter and your trailer is only about 15 minutes one way off my route. I am more than willing to haul it up for you if scooter bails on the trip. So, pretty much we have to wait to see what scoots decision is. I'll be talking to him in the morning.
BC

scooter01922

Scoot is having a tough time making up his mind. Now that i know it won't be a big PITA for you to cart that trailer north i'm leaning more in the stay home direction. Gonna check the weather first thing in the Am and go from there. Sorry guys.

Boatcarpenter

OK, BC is bringing the trailer. Picking it up at approx. 1540 Hrs. Trying to hook up with Beaubeau possibly. Don't know yet. Don't know about patch yet either.
Probably will get there 8-10 this evening. Really haven't a clue though.
BC

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Jeez you guys need to get organized! (and stop referring to yourselves in the third person :p )

Observation:

Man....You guys have been trying to put something together for years now and not many people seem too commited despite many local "MV enthusiasts." The reaccurring theme seems to be: "gee thats too far for me" and "I don't want to have to travel outside my neighborhood." As a result the rally discussion would hibernate for a few more months and nothing would happen. You NewEnglanders are tougher than that! Man the f--- Up! Where's the enthusiasm? :|

I commend those of you who do attend despite distance & weather. :beer: I hope you guys have a fun and eventful weekend. Take some pics. :hammer:

tourdog

well boys it is 4:00 pm time to leave work to go to the rally POURING POURING rain cold but I am maning the f--- up see all you b----s there will be leaving house around 7:00 ish about 1 hour drive then coooooold saaaaammmmyyyy aaadddammmms and fuuun bye now have happy near bye

Towerguy1

Looks like Saturday looks at least partly salvageable......... Scooter we wont rag on you to much if you show up without an MV to save travel time........

patch

OK, sammys in the cooler and we'll be hitting the road shortly. Will hook up with BC and bobo and head north. Unfortunately the M37 won't be with me, some technical difficulties ya know ...

scooter01922

Technical difficulties huh?? yeah, i call not being able to go faster then 23 MPH a technical difficulty:roll: As you guys can see i'm here posting so i'm not on the road northbound. BC left the MV storage facility at around 1700 with the trailer in tow and was headed to meet with beaubeau and patch. Looks like that crew will be rolling in a little late, closer to the 10 end of BC's arrival time guess. Really wish i could have come guys, the weather was a factor but stuff keeps popping up that i just can't get around. Little point in spending 8-9 hours driving in the truck to sleep/ hang out for 14 or so hours :cry: Well, guess we will have to try this again sometime.

carguy455

Due to the mass quantity of rain we are experiencing I did not drive back out to Mikes , I am sure the other guys will be posting many more pics and I think there was some late arrivals too.

Towerguy1

Well, looks like we got the first one under our belt. There were the few glitches in planning I figured on showing up, But all went well and the rain gave us a little break. We will be better prepaired next time. Thanks everyone!!!!

Boatcarpenter

Back in New Hampshire!
4/10 of a mile short of 300 miles on Friday to get to Mikes' place. Swung down just a few miles out of my way to pick up Marks' very nice trailer at scooters club. Easy hookup except my trailer socket locating slot was 90 deg. off so couldn't plug it in. Rectified that at a rest stop while trying to figure out if I would hook up with Phil (beaubeau) and Jon (patch). Ended up hooking up with Phil and Jon at the Irving station about 20 miles from Mikes' and then the trouble really started. Primary fuel filter was getting seriously plugged and it started to rain harder than any other point on the trip. Many thanks to Jon and Phil for hanging with me while I limped in with a few stops in the middle of the road to restart the Deuce.
Many thanks to Mike and family for the hospitality and the bunk in the camper.
Nice to put some faces to names and see some guys I already knew.
Thanks Phil for helping get the new filter in. Truck ran great down to my next destination without even the slightest hiccup.
Had to leave about 4 Sat. to get to my next stop. Would like to have stayed for the evenings hoopla but had other obligations about 50 miles away.
Let's do it again next year Mike:-D
BC

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks