• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for these particular 900 series parts.

halftrack

Just what the title says. When Bruce Kubu said the A2's are hard to find parts for, it was an understatement. I am looking for these particular parts that are holding up the completion of my project. Please do not suggest one of the following suppliers as I called them numerous times. Memphis Equipment, Clark Truck Parts, White Owl, Ranchers Supply, Military Truck Parts, Many Truck Parts in LA, Ted's Trucks and Stuff, CSI, John Winslow.

I must also state that everyone mentioned above were more than extremely helpful and courteous over the phone and searched their yards. No one was ever short or rude while talking with them.

That being said, if you are a private individual or have access to these parts and would like to sell or trade for them, please let me know.

Transmission Shifter cable part of NSN 2520012865650 but individual part number is 12363371-1 (This might be A2 specific).

Fail Safe Alarm Monitor (Its the big Buzzer box for low air) NSN 6350010892987, part number 11669142

Transmission Dipstick Tube with the dipstick. NSN 2590012856261. This is A2 specific but will use an A1 tube and dipstick if someone comes up with it.

I have also used FEDLOG and contacted the manufacturers and they do not stock or have plans to make any of these parts soon. Please PM or post any suggestions. They will be much appreciated.

Also, if you know any of the above mentioned suppliers personally and know they have these parts, they may have just over looked them. Please let them know I am looking for them.

Thanks in advance. I will try to post pics from the TM shortly.

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
lets hope that you find everything you need so you can take that nice truck on a road trip to a BBQ no doubt Tim :-D

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You shoulda bought that 900 at Polk yesterday. All that stuff was either attached or thrown in the bed. I too am having no luck looking for nick nack parts for my M931A2.

halftrack

You shoulda bought that 900 at Polk yesterday. All that stuff was either attached or thrown in the bed. I too am having no luck looking for nick nack parts for my M931A2.
I did bid on it and at one point I was determined to bring it home. However, I did not physically inpsect the truck and it was too big of a risk on getting it and not knowing whether or not the parts were in the back. Did you inspect it? Was the tranny and motor in the bed?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup I inspected it at 10:00 yesterday and then raced home (200 miles) to bid, only to find the bidding had gone to around $1800. No, the engine and trans were not there. But most of the engine accessories were in the bed. The cab interior was all there. It was an ABS truck. Took a hard rollover. The bed was bent up somewhat. The tires were 20% maybe. There was a brand new radiator in the bed, and they had set the smashed front clip on top of it. All of the CTIS stuff was there. The cab was crumpled really bad, doubt is was fixable. The 4 6TL's were still in the batt box, which was not rusty. I would imagine the driver was killed or severely injured in the accident. Kinda made me leery of the truck, bad karma thing . . . Anyway it would have not have been worth the 3 grand I would have had in it by the time I had it hauled home. My truck basically just needs a rust free cab and the CTIS stuff.

hot rod deuce

I have a shifter cable for the allison on an A2 parts truck. It has the flat iron arm on it that has the bolt hole with two flat sides.

Any one have a lead on a winch pto for a 932A1. If some one could tell me the PTO drive shaft RPM at a given engine RPM I can spec a new one. I think all winch trucks are alike.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NDT: Was your tractor the one that went off a few months back on GL...the one that brought almost $20K?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bruce, no, my pockets are not that deep! That was a sweetie. Mine is complete but cab is RUSTY and all the rubber parts are deteriorated, including the torque rods.

I think that truck was surplused because it did not get the ABS MWO applied. Without the ABS, there was a speed restriction, I think 35 mph.

I guess if you own a construction company etc, 20K for an all wheel drive late model truck is a bargain. The problem is parts support. I hear that there are wide shortages for spare parts for the 900 series trucks.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear ya. I also admired that truck, but was a bit shocked it brought that much. At least two people thought it was worth that much at auction, though. Yeah, I agree...900 series parts are hard to come by. It is not like looking for parts for a deuce or 800 series. What specifically are you looking for? PM me and I'll try to help you locate what you need. I probably have more experience than most with this series of trucks since I've owned several in the past and have a few now. I have compiled a list of great parts sources.

halftrack

For those of us looking for NEW shift modulators, shifter cables, special u-bolts and clamp, and any other related Allison Tranny parts. This guy has it all and great to deal with.

Danny Arroyo at United Transmission Exchange (authorized allison dealer)

He is also a Felsted Technician. Felsted is the manufacturer of the shifter and shift modulator cables. He makes them there on the spot. Prices were reasonable too.

The good thing is that he knew what he was talking about. Not just a clerk answering the phone.

phone # 1-909-384-8140

No.2Diesel

Hi,

I just picked a residue M923A2 thats missing the engine,tranny,transfer,front axle, as well as most of the parts in the cab. I will make sure to photo everything this weekend and will report back Monday. This truck is another rollover/death statistic. Here is a partial description:

-The hood and cab are a little crinkled, but the front grille portion with the hinge mount is straight. The cab is ok (firewall looks brand new) except it has a couple of rust holes on the rockers (weird for such a new truck.) It has nice running boards and steps as well as straight and good rear front fender portions.

-The 14' Dropside bed is in great shape except the troop sides are beyond repair. Its missing the tailgate.

-The rear bogies are intact with the CTIS Drums.

-Its got a good air filter assembly with intake tubing etc.

Other than that it was picked pretty clean of important A2 stuff. It still has the emergency brake lever and associated air parts. Let me know if you guys are interested in anything. Thanks.

jwaller

. Let me know if you guys are interested in anything. Thanks.
I need :
the valve on the back of the hand brake lever
the air valve on the far side of the dash. (spring brake release) 4820011147539
the door to the tool box (pass side) 5340011260176
the air tube extension on the drivers side of cab that goes to the top of the cab and the cap that goes on the top.
fuel pressure sensor on the top of the hand pump.
hand throttle cable.
torsion bar on the hood. 5340011044327
air governor assm on the firewall.
good air filter.
good starter.
pin for the hood prop rod. 5315011259084
splash gurad L 2540010934305
splash guard R 2540011089124
hood stop cable 4010011147614
windshield wiper control valve. 5930013214866
new style windshield wiper motors. 2540013104854
fuel level sending unit.
L&R complete side mirror assm's
L front air line for brake chamber

Last edited:

Monkeyboyarmy

jwaller.If the air valve for the hand brake is the same for the 923's and A1's,John Winslow had some.But they weren't cheap...I think $50 each.The same valve is on the transfer case and elements would eat them right up.Air governors are available through Napa and other truck shops.Winslow also had splash guards.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks