• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are the major differences between the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton M1009? The TMs just call all M1009s 3/4 ton. That's what I was hoping for but when I decoded my VIN it comes out as a 1/2 ton.

LanceRobson

All M1009s are rated, by the Army, as 3/4 ton trucks. Someone with more knowledge of civilian Chevys than I've got would have to comment on the VIN question. Perhaps the suspension and axles are lighter than the civilian 3/4 ton ones?

OLDCEHV4X4 would be a good place to start for that info. He builds and races full size Chevys off-road.

Lance

Dabba

As far as i know there is no difference between the k5s and m1009s except the govbomb. Both came with 10bolts and 308s. Think the springs are the same too. Army rated 3/4 but they are really just 1/2 ton

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks