• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project TOW mule progress

nickd

Here are some pictures of the TOW brackets installed on my current mule as a test fit.. The TOW mule will most likely be another mule in a 3 color camo pattern with the fenders and correct sand tires. Note: the pedistal has a crank mechanism to compensate for the differences in standing heights of operators. All of the brackets use spring clips that grab on to the bed. The pedistal plate has 3 spring clips and a special fixture (thanks David) that ataches to the bed and the steeering column support arm. As you can see, I still need some more stuff.

Enjoy!

Attachments

nickd

you are not kidding dabtl! if it was not for a couple of great folks this project would not be possible! It was my lucky day when David found the special piece that locks the platform down by extending the steering column support shaft.

dabtl

I doubt there were many TOW Mules when they were new. The smaller simpler items are probably the most difficult to find.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome looking mule, Nick! You were right, the TOW pedestal on the mule is much different from the ones that Murray had. Found a dummy tube yet for the launcher?

Dieselsmoke

That's awesome! I just started restoring the 106 recoiless for one of my mules, but man finding TOW parts is gonna be a challenge! Keep up the good work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks