• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 / m35a2

dm22630

Is a M35A3 a modified M35A2? (same truck, with a different engine, transmission, hood, & CTIS)

:?

If so, were A3s "rebuilds" from retired A2s? or are they brand new from the factory that way?

I am wondering how many parts are interchangeable....

combat32

From what I remember the A3 package was added to a standard A2, started seeing these in Germany in the late 80's early 90's. A complete depot rebuild new stuff added, I know this was done in Germany and am sure it was done in other places.

area52

They took two A2's and made one A3 from them. New engine, tranny, CTIS, hood, and I forget what else.

Basically - yes to your first question.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
three, i would like to see why......

the hood appears to be 2 hoods combined......

but three.....

Like someone else said, 3 trucks is just an average. They would start with a truck and take fenders, doors, etc that needed replacing from other trucks. The hood is just from one truck but they split it and added a strip of metal in it to make it wider. The later ones had fiberglass one piece hoods.

Some of the changes were- Cat engine, Allison trans, electric wipers, air assist steering, different heater, aluminum fuel tank, clearence lights, high back drivers seat, soundproofing, floor mat, muffler. I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

rmgill

I suspect from what I understand of rebuilds that for 3 trucks, you'd have 1 truck's worth of servicable parts that were withing a tight spec for the new trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks