• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from South Dakota

Highwayman87

Hi everyone, I'd thought I post a quick thread to say that I love this site. I purchased a deuce last month from Johnston/ Camp Dodge, IA. For this being my first ever deuce purchase form the Government, GL wasn't that hard to deal with :roll:. My EUC was approved in 1 WEEK :-D and now comes the fun part, the recovery. I'm going to be there Thursday the 19th to see if this beast will fire up and make the drive home. It's about a 4 hr drive but I think I'm up to it. I've been reading as much as I can here about problems that come up and how to service the truck, etc. I'm bringing all the tools that I can think of, new batteries, filters, belts, fluids, DOT 5 brake fluid, bleeder kit, etc. and one unwilling wife .:wink: I also have an M52a2 that I bought off of a private party and that was trucked in as it had a bad injection pump. I've been working on it and it finally runs so I'm pretty confident I can tackle this deuce. IF for some reason this truck is a bad apple, engine bad, trans inoperable, etc. is there a member in the area that can tow the truck home? I have one member in the area that could help me there on base. Wish me luck and I'll post pics of the recovery and how my trip went. I just wanted to add in closing that this is an awesome site for information and every member here that I have talked to has been very helpful and willing to go the extra mile. Thanks, I'm proud to be associated with you guys, your the best!:-D

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site!

I should warn you, we expect to see pics of your 5 ton and pics of your Deuce recovery as soon as you get home.

We like the pics. :-D

KsM715

They didnt give it up. Well not with out a few fights anyways.

oh and Sioux Falls is on the east side of the state. the Black Hills are in the west. ( I really miss living in the hills :cry:)

Highwayman87

Welcome to the site!

I should warn you, we expect to see pics of your 5 ton and pics of your Deuce recovery as soon as you get home.

We like the pics. :-D
I've got pics of the 5 ton arriving on a RGN I'll have to see if I can post them here or not. The body is rusted:cry: but it's mechanically sound!

Highwayman87

army truck 007 700x525.jpg

army truck 006 700x525.jpg

army truck 008 700x525.jpg

army truck 010 700x525.jpg
Here is the 5 ton M52a2 that arrived home in October of last year. It was sold as a parts/salvage truck but it really isn't that bad. It runs good, engine is smooth and still has a lot of pep to it, drives well too but 2nd is a little funky shifting in and out of, but OK other wise. I plan on sanding all the rust off as best I can and using a little body filler to smooth out the areas and giving a a good coat of paint. It needs a top, drivers side glass, some odds and ends, nothing too major. I wish I had the trailer it arrived on as I own my own rig. It would make recovery's a lot easier and stress free. To have it delivered from Missouri cost $1,500! OUCH! I really didn't have a choice as the injector pump needed work. Hopefully my 2nd truck from Iowa will be in good shape and I'll be able to drive it home and save $$$. I'll keep you guys posted on how my M52a2 project comes along this summer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks