• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

List of emergency spare parts

GoHot229

With so many new members recently new to Duce & !/2's, It would be good to list the most expediant spare parts to have while traveling longer distances, that could be readily installed in emergency breakdown situations.. For myself, I would carry wrenches, brake fluid, A fuel pump, a head light bulb, the belts, a jack and lug wrench, various size rubber fuel line and clamps and a Cell phone. What would you more experianced Duce owners suggest ? ............ooooop's almost forgot Duct Tape

Last edited:

pevrs114

I'd be very interested in seeing this list as well. I've got a list of spare parts, tools, fluid and equipment that I carry with me in my pickup and my CJ7 when I go out, I would imagine the parts list would look similar. But I'm very interested in seeing what a well-planned and battle-tested list would look like for a deuce.

I'd like to see what people carry/stock for their deuce for regular repairs, as well as what folks carry with them when they're doing a recovery... I'd imagine the lists are similar, though the recovery list would be more complete.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tools, tools and more tools, the deuce is bolted together and with the right tool, just about anything can be repaired if parts are provided.
Non repairable items should be carried along, get an extra turn signal flasher since it is unsafe to operate the truck without proper turn signals and they do fail.
I had seven different tool kits on my cross country trip and was able replace the hydraulic head on the IP, the generator and more on the road (parts and help provided by Jason Curtis, Cabell, Will Wagner, Leonard Jones, Gary Berg and other honored members on this site).
Air tools included. K-boom optional.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
one thing I've found that is most appreciated is an assortment of compression fittings. Thankfully Devilman96 has some on out TN adventure and we were able to repair a fractured fuel line PDQ. As far as parts, this is a picture of all the parts I took on my Ohio trip in 2003

Attachments

BMCUSNAVY

Fair warning...... Do Not Plug the hole in the bell housing for the clutch when you see oil leaking...... learned the hard way..... Okay.... lay it on me.... dumb $ss. Good info. for the newbys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks