• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power Bleeder pt2

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, since I've been playing with the Hotel Delta (Home Depot) power bleeder lately, I've added another attachment. My semi trailer uses the same exact master cylinder as the M105 (and just about any 1 1/2 ton trailer.) Since I've had the semi there has always been one axle without brakes so I decided to adapt the power bleeder to the trailer. It has 2 air chambers, 2 master cylinders, 2 wheel cylinders per wheel and one relay valve. Since I have the M015s in the yard I made this up to fit them too since they share the same cap. The M/C cap has a vent provision via 3/8" inverted flare steel line so I bought an 8" piece of steel line, added a little bend and a brass adapter taking it from 3/8 inverted flare to 1/4 NPT then added the quick coupler. Filled and bled everything on the semi trailer and now it has brakes on all wheels, and good brakes too! Attached is a pic (poor one) of the piece attached to an extra M/C cap.

Attachments

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenneth:
Yes, this works great. We did it some years ago when my son got an M139. To try the pump the pedal, hold,
bleed, etc. maual method just will not work on these vehicles. The power bleeder allows you to flush the system as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks