• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC - Such randomness!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My auction closed on the 12th. I submitted my EUC via fax along with a large scan of my DL (Crystal Clear btw) on the 13th. Then, since I knew that B & W didn't cut it, I emailed it as well.

The next week I got to thinking that my emailed copy wasn't signed. My faxed copy was, but it had a B & W version of my DL. I wasn't sure if the GL folks could take what they needed from each pile so I did a live chat and asked them to check things for me. No record of anything - please resubmit. So this time I printed EVERYTHING, including a Export Letter that I heard about on SS, signed it all, scanned it and emailed it in.

No status change all week. My brother (RAT4SPD) wins a truck on the 19th. He submits his EUC/Export Letter/and DL via email on the 20th. On the 20th he is informed he needs revisions. WTF? Nothing for me, but they are all over his EUC? Saturday afternoon I call him from a Boy Scout camp I was at so he could brag how his revisions were in and he had heard back that his EUC guru had them already. I had him log into my acount and sure enough, now I need revisions too.

They wanted one correction on my form (not a signature though so they got either the fax copy or the 2nd emailed copy) and an Export Letter and CRYSTAL CLEAR copy of my DL.

There's no rhyme or reason to it. I submitted everything asked for this morning, but sadly I'm at least a week behind my brother. I guess that's what hurts the most. :)

Fingers crossed I'll make it to Battle Creek and then PAID IN FULL soon.

AceHigh

Mine seems to be a problem:

Submission of EUC Pending 03/05/2009
EUC revisions requested from Customer 03/07/2009
EUC sent to Battle Creek 03/10/2009
Problem Report Resolution Returned to Battle Creek 03/18/2009
This EuC seems to be spinning its wheels...

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Things can go right, mine took twelve days from submittal of EUC on the 7th, to pick-up on the 19th!

jimm1009

I always recommend mailing it in certified US Mail. It is worth the extra 5 dollars or so and you have the magic green card that will hold up in any US Court stating that "yes they did receive it".
Good luck,
Jim

dm22630

I submitted two eucs last week via email & got confirmation BOTH had been received....now, I get an email saying that I never sent them & if I dont send them by monday I will forfeit my sale & lose my lots ($14,000!!!) aua

They reeeeeeeeeeally irritate me.

jimm1009

EUC He!!

As soon as you can, do a live chat with them on Monday morning. Reference the e-mail and offer to forward it back to them while the person performing the live chat is watching. Make sure that you tell them up front that you have NO INTENTION of Forfeiting. Offer to send it in Certified Mail if they would prefer. They will probably not have you do this since they are communicating you via the chat method.
Be nice and when you are done there is a way to print the transcript of the live chat before logging off.
They are on a schedule that is three hours behind the east coast.

Jim

AceHigh

I submitted two eucs last week via email & got confirmation BOTH had been received....now, I get an email saying that I never sent them & if I dont send them by monday I will forfeit my sale & lose my lots ($14,000!!!) aua

They reeeeeeeeeeally irritate me.
Wow! And you have already done a bunch of EUCs. Go figure.

dm22630

Wow! And you have already done a bunch of EUCs. Go figure.

Yeah....25 trucks in the last year.....I MUST be some kind of terrorist.

I copy all my EUCs exactly. The only thing that changes is the sale #.

AND....I have a shipper lined up to pick one of the trailers up! I haaaaaaaaaate GL.

Jinx

I will say their communication leaves much to be desired. I received notice for a revision on my EUC Thursday right before GL closed for the night. I immediately made the change, scanned it and sent it directly to the agent's email. The next day (Friday) I called the direct number for the GL agent that was processing my paperwork. It went right to voice mail. I stated my name, invoice number, my phone number and asked for a call back to let me know whether or not he received my EUC revision. The agent never called back.

Going to refax the revision on Monday just to be on the safe side. I figure it's better to flood them with the info, then to have them say they never got it.

Last edited:

AaronW

Very random! My most recent EUC wnet to BC less than 24 hrs after winning bid notification! I did use live chat to confirm my info got there by fax. GL asked me to give them 3-4 days to process the auction. I was going to, but the status changed just a few hours later.

cruz

mine are all over the board, sometimes it gets approved immediately with great response time, other times I can't even get a response that they have received the EUC, and I end up sending the info in several times. and then I will get a revisions required e-mail with 1 minor detail they want switched to something else, like from personal use, to intended use, and the next time I fill it out the way they wanted it, and then they want it the other way.

All I can figure is, it depends on who's desk the paper gets laid on, some are fast, and get things moving right away, others just let it sit on their desks to make it look like they have alot of work. "ON a side note, it does work, as I used to be a supervisor, at UPS, and if I kept my clipboard full, with finished paperwork, and turn it in at the end of the day, they wouldn't give me anything else to do, If I turned all the paperwork in as soon as it was finished my manager would give me some more paperwork to do; and as I'm not a big fan of paperwork I would get it done, and then wait to turn it in."

scottc

I still do not understand, the fax number that is advertised must eat the faxes. Has anyone called to follow up and make sure your EUC was recieved, just to find out no one has seen it and then you are given a different fax number. This has happened to me twice. Its like the fax number that is posted on thier site goes to a machine that is locked in a little room and no one has the key.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You guys are NOT doing it right! Print off the EUC twice. Tape all the pages together. Once you feed the first page in, tape it to the last page. That will creat a continous loop of EUC sent to GL. They will either call you to stop faxing or run out of paper. I'm sure that would get their attention.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL is consistantly inconsistent. :wink:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first EUC (July 08) was faxed, they couldn't find it. I resubmitted it by e-mail and it went all the way through the system to notification in less than four weeks. Since then I've always e-mailed and never had a problem, and it never took more than four weeks from submittal to pick up.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first EUC (July 08) was faxed, they couldn't find it. I resubmitted it by e-mail and it went all the way through the system to notification in less than four weeks. Since then I've always e-mailed and never had a problem, and it never took more than four weeks from submittal to pick up.

FOUR WEEKS? Oh gawd. I'm not even done waiting two weeks yet!! Maybe I need to schedule another visit. :)

Sumoman

mine has been maybe 30 days.. of course I submitted mine and the GL rep did not get around to getting to me about revisions until 12 days later. Then it got sent to battle creek 21 days after the auction:evil::evil:

Now it had been 30 days since BC.. personally I think it is the individual reps, they either are busy or not, can handle it or not, get on DRMS or wait.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks