• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

insurance help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvtross

i live in Pa and want to get insurance (auto) on my M135.....any suggestions would be great...........think i read on here 1 time about this topic.......

thanx pvtross

Gunfreak25

Wow. I went with a local insurance company and they quoted me $55 a month. I am accident free but only 19 so that's why it's probably so high. I told them it was a 1954 GMC and the lady automatically assumed it was a little 1 ton pickup and entered it as such on her computer for the quote. Had I gone with them at the time I would have had to set her straight on that, just classify it as a 2 ton like some of the old GMC cab overs were. When I tell them it's a 2 1/2 ton it just confuses things. I'm going to be calling Gulfway to see if they can get insure me for less than $30 a month.

My suggestion, let the rep know that it's a 2 ton GMC and not a little pickup. Failing to do so could result in them dropping your coverage in the case of an accident due to you not telling them it was not your average little 50's GMC.

Wow. I went with a local insurance company and they quoted me $55 a month. I am accident free but only 19 so that's why it's probably so high. I told them it was a 1954 GMC and the lady automatically assumed it was a little 1 ton pickup and entered it as such on her computer for the quote. Had I gone with them at the time I would have had to set her straight on that, just classify it as a 2 ton like some of the old GMC cab overs were. When I tell them it's a 2 1/2 ton it just confuses things. I'm going to be calling Gulfway to see if they can get insure me for less than $30 a month.

My suggestion, let the rep know that it's a 2 ton GMC and not a little pickup. Failing to do so could result in them dropping your coverage in the case of an accident due to you not telling them it was not your average little 50's GMC.

All states are different (I'm in NC), but I went with a State Farm Commercial insurance with the stipulation that it would NEVER be used commercially/for hire. $160 per 6 months if I remember correctly. Gico and Progressive refused to insure me in NC. Even though I have a smalll fleet of vehicles with Gico and that the Progressive adds on TV show a Deuce... Go figure.

Last edited:

BlizzardX23

I did a complete custom plan created by my USAA INS. Agent.

- 1968-1971 2.5 Ton Kaiser 6x6 Vehicle
- Seat Belts
- No Air Bags
- No Tracking Device
- Liability
- EST Mileage - 5,000 miles a year but its fine if I go over
- No limits on driving (I can drive this truck the same way, for the same reasons I drive my Denali)

$33.74 per month...$7 more then shovelhead

Multi-Car discount
Good Drivers discount
Long time Member discount

I got them after I joined the Army in 2006 when I bought my Denali....had them ever since!

Last edited:
Oh, by the way. Always be 100% up front and straight with your insurance agent. If there is ANY deception on your part, when it comes time for them to pay up, they won't be legally obliged to do so and won't. You will be 100% liable for any and all damages to persons oan/or property.

I've seen many posts of guys bragging about tricking their insurance agent into a very low rate. ("It's only a pickup") What they fail to realize is that the only person really being tricked in the end is them selves.

BlizzardX23

Oh Yes...Exactly, Make SURE they know what it is that they are insuring...and be specific, especially when telling them that its a 2.5 ton 6x6...so that there is no confusion!! Obviously $30 per month insurance is CHEAP...no need to try and cheat the system! :)

Kpeterson

I was surprised that license and insurance was a bit of a problem. My normal carrier would only treat it as a regular commercial vehicle=big $$$$. I ended up starting a new policy with another company. The price for the M211 was pretty good but I had to also insure another vehicle with them and join the "farm membership". It ended up being about $500/year for the M211 and a 1970 GMC 1/2 ton pick up. I can haul items only for my private use or farm related.

The "farm" plate limits my use to 150 mile radius from home and must stay in Arkansas.

Kerry P

Recht71

Hagerty out of Michigan I'm in Indiana I970 Deuce .I did have to send a picture $191.00 a year full coverage 15,000.00 if totaled . I have a 5 ton and my M-37 with them .

kennys@wi.rr.com

I would have use Hagerty, however, the required that my deuce be garage kept. In a perfect world I would love my vehicles to be kept inside, but not possible where I live. I wound up with Progressive and it's $16 a month so it seemed reasonable.

Kpeterson

Hagerty out of Michigan I'm in Indiana I970 Deuce .I did have to send a picture $191.00 a year full coverage 15,000.00 if totaled . I have a 5 ton and my M-37 with them .

Did you go over their "exclusions". I checked with a different specialty company. They said "pleasure use only". When I pressed for just what is pleasure use. They said that technically, picking up a 2x4 at Home Depot was an "errand" and I would not be covered.

If you can actually use the truck once in a while it sound like a great deal.

Kerry P

frenchman

american modern part of geico insurance inc # 1 8005432644 i pay 102 dollars a year for my gama goat and 1945 willy full coverage vehicle has to be locked up when not in use
frenchman

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks