• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photo Guidelines

Isaac-1

It would be nice if GL would establish guidelines for the photos of items being listed, such as any equipment photos should highlight dataplates, control panels, hour/mileage meters, obvious missing/damage parts, equipment with cover panels should show photos with the panels open (vehicles should show with hood open and engine visible), wheeled vehicles/equipment should show conidtion of all tires. Also longer descriptions and a notice of functionality would be nice, for example, electrical items could be listed as "powers on" / operating when pulled, vehicles could be noted if the arrived running under their own power or not.

bigelk50

In last Decembers auction we bid on a deuce and a 5 ton just based off of the 4 pics provided. We did not preview anything. It was dumb to do, but both trucks drove home about 200 miles great!! I have a feeling that I will not be so lucky the next time. So I am with you in thinking that they should do it.

Isaac-1

I too have been lucky so far with bidding GL auctions based on very limited information, and I too think it will come back to bite me sooner or later. It also may not be in my best interest to suggest improving the listings, as it is these very faults that I feel make so many of the auctions end so cheap. It would seem to me that maximizing the sale price would be in GL's best interest, and this is hard to do when items being sold lack even the most basic information like brand and model of equipment, even photos that would show if the item is fundimentaly intact. As to the use of forklifts, I just wish they would train their forklift operators better, when picking up a large diesel powered air compressor last summer their forklift operators almost flipped it over while loading it on my trailer (it went on one end then fell back rightside up, I almost ended up under it).

roscoe

I think overall they would definately get better bids with photos of more of the details. Since they seem to be offering trucks, in particular, for sale at select locations its just not realistic that many bidders are going to have the time to schedule a trip prior to the auction. And thats just scratching the surface of things that could be better.

dragonman

Photo of each item in lot

I bid on some hellfighter lights. Description said photo is representative of the lot.
Photos where of the best light, the rest where broken or had items missing.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It would be nice if GL would establish guidelines for the photos of items being listed, such as any equipment photos should highlight dataplates, control panels, hour/mileage meters, obvious missing/damage parts, equipment with cover panels should show photos with the panels open (vehicles should show with hood open and engine visible), wheeled vehicles/equipment should show conidtion of all tires. Also longer descriptions and a notice of functionality would be nice, for example, electrical items could be listed as "powers on" / operating when pulled, vehicles could be noted if the arrived running under their own power or not.
I'll tell them to get right on that.:whistle:

Isaac-1

Hey, just saying it would be nice, it would also likely make them more money, as it seems people would be more likely to bid on stuff if they were less uncertain about the details.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks