• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ctis

Ok. So everybody talks about disabling their CTIS on the M35A3. I take it that this is because the system is crap and breaks constantly, and then there is potential for all 6 tires to go flat at once. However I do like the idea of being able to air up / down my tires without leaving the cab, as well as the safety / convenience of being able to continue driving even with a small puncture. What crossed my mind was to modify the CTIS to basically a full manual system, like in the Civvy Humvees. Two valves, two gauges: one for front and rear. What does the system consist of at the hubs? Would it be hard to swap that system onto an A2?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Basically that has been my plan too!
Fitting the necessary parts onto a A2 model is only as hard as to find/make/adapt them. Besides the wheel valves themselves there are some specific seal units inside the hubs, the front and rears being different part #s. Everything else would be relatively easy to reproduce since all mayor components remained the same.
Best if you could find complete A3 axles to swap in, of course! But go find someone who has them laying around, for affordable $$$?

G.

Attachments

dittle

From what I've been told by mechanics the problem with the CTIS is the rubber O-rings in the axles keep getting leaks in them and it isn't a small job to replace them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks