• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do we have an official Bobbed Deuce picture thread? If not, here it is! Post em!

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I typically use 105 springs and M35 front hangers. The packs themselves are the same height as M35 fronts. It's just the manner in which you hang them. They allow a little better ride as well. Here is a pic of a spring perch on a truck I'm rebobbing. No U bolts were used... not good! They just had bolts to the plates then a top plate on the springs. Oh and while I was tearing it apart I found that the axle gears are welded solid.
View attachment 701213
Got her all patched up or mostly. I at least got it drivable for Ga rally. The stacks make for a pretty awesome sounding M35! The black truck in the picture is the before taken no September 13. I haven't seen a dual 395 attempted so I wanted to try it.
IMG_2212.jpgIMG_2217.jpgIMG_2234.jpgIMG_1998.jpg

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
395s dual = awesome. Now someone do it on a 6x6...
I have always wanted to try it on a 6x but after building this one it would be nearly impossible with stock suspension. I had to convert from m105 hangers to deuce front hangers to tuck the suspension under the frame. Also the truck is technically over width about 8'8" wide. So if you moved first tire out on 6x setup then added spacers to make them not touch you may be closer to 9'! Perfectly fine with me but I'll am a DOT magnet.... so that may be a problem. Picture of rear with no bed.
IMG_2151.jpg

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have always wanted to try it on a 6x but after building this one it would be nearly impossible with stock suspension. I had to convert from m105 hangers to deuce front hangers to tuck the suspension under the frame. Also the truck is technically over width about 8'8" wide. So if you moved first tire out on 6x setup then added spacers to make them not touch you may be closer to 9'! Perfectly fine with me but I'll am a DOT magnet.... so that may be a problem. Picture of rear with no bed.
View attachment 705414
Here is an updated picture from the post above. The picture is showing me breaking the rear axle trying to pull a lowboy that was stuck on the crown of the road. The front tires lifted once so she tried... I checked it over today and it is not the axle shafts,it actually broken in the third member. The only plus is the lowboy belongs to a guy that owns a scrap yard. They have a bunch of military trucks they are scrapping. So I can get a complete axle from him for free. It is not making any noise and pulled it self home in front wheel drive with no problems.
IMG_3697.jpgIMG_3695.jpg

tobyS

That deuce is simply amazing. Are those the 16's everyone talks about on here? What kind of lift is required for that? I was hoping to get away with 14.5's, but man those 16's look NICE!
My A3 has 14.5 but they are pricey. Check out 395's.

I guess technically I can't join this group as I'm not cutting the frame shorter (a true "bob"). Instead, the space between the cab gets a roll over frame, spare tire holder and a winch, where the cable can go forward or rear to an A arm. The roof of the ROP frame will be over the entire cab, giving it protection and strong enough to handle the weight of the truck.

Last edited:

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's mine just ordered 395's will post after put them on.IMG_20190625_105701072_HDR.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

tobyS

There is a thread about the correct way to upload pictures even with the "tapatalk". I think pictures disappear in a short time and the threads make no sense for a later reader if the right procedure is not used. I don't know tapatalk, my pictures are put up with Ipad. A quick search will probably locate it.

tobyS

Amen Slate...looks like you got it....thanks.

I see you have the tank on the passenger side, what if anything is going on the driver side? Nice tool boxes are really expensive. Spare?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks