• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

David Doyle - New Editor of Supply Line !

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just cracked open my April/May '09 copy of Supply Line magazine and discovered that David Doyle is this publication's new Editor. Congratulations Mr. Doyle! It is great to know that such a knowledgeable and accessible dignitary will lead this magazine. Let us know if we can help you sir.
:beer:
Supply Line Magazine is a publication of the MVPA. www.mvpa.org

Last edited:
Reactions: DAS

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I can't think of a better person to sit at the helm of Supply Line.
The publication can only get better through his efforts.
David has been a huge help to many of us over the years.
Smooth sailing at the wheel Sir.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have known for some time now about this but was sworn to secrecy by David! David is an excellent advocate and a big fan of the post-WWII trucks so we can expect more coverage of our trucks. In years past, it is my opinion that they have neglected the "newer" stuff.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the kind remarks guys. This year, so far, has been full of work and changes in my life which has precluded my participating here at Steel Soldiers like I would have liked to have. Things do seem to be settling out, and by the time Aberdeen rolls around I should be a regular here once again. In the meantime, if anyone would like to reach me, drop me an email.

One of these changes was being named editor of Supply Line a few weeks ago. Many changes have been made in the publication (including the color cover), with more coming in the next issue. The Military Vehicle Preservation Association is moving forward, and the publication reflects these changes.

Here is the cover of the first edition of the restyled Supply Line (mailed April 1, 2009), and the next issue will have even more changes.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

Attachments

Last edited:

deuceman51

I was going to ask you David about the cover of that magazine. The commander of the 62nd LC in Vietnam is a personal friend of mine who lives 30 miles away. In fact I took my deuce down for the 2008 Vietnam Landclearers Association reuinion to do trail rides. I got tons of great rome plow stories and they had some really great pics. I met some of the guys from the 984th LC Co.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just got my copy in the mail and have to say, David is a great writer and his introductory column is dead nuts, spot on. My sincere congratulations to Mr. Doyle!

:beer:

davidwelch

Not only was David named editor of Supply Line he is now an appointed director of the MVPA. The skills that he brings to the association as editor are matched with his knowledge, passion and vision for the hobby. I think that when we look back at David's acceptance of this leadership role we will see this as a turning point in the Military Vehicle Preservation Association's ability to project the importance of preserving all military vehicles, not just World War II ones.

David Welch
President, MVPA

Greensteel37

Things are definitely looking up for Supply Line and the Association. We regularly see David down here in the South at events and he and his wife are always a pleasure to talk to and he even talks about trucks (when the Mrs. lets him!) :)

Congrats, David!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks