• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M39 vs 800 series

davesgmc

From what I understand a main difference in a M39 series truck (older (54) five ton) and the newer 800 series, is the longer nose?

You may know or not, but my bridge truck has a 671 Detroit diesel in it. The engine is soooo long that the radiator Had to be put outside the original grill! I want to cover it all up and was just thinking of an 800 series hood, grill, etc to put in,,,would that move the front end forward enough? Will an 800 series hood fit the cab? I can make new side panels, etc. Are the fenders the same?

Is this a doable idea? or should i stick with the plan to chop my original hood up and extend it? I may even extend the front of the fender to give it a more even look with the gap of the 16.00tire on it.

IDEAS???

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 800 series hood should fit your cab, since I believe from the firewall back they are all the same (I stand to be corrected if that is wrong). I am headed out to my place now, I'll measure up my M813 hood for you and post the info later this evening.

Cheers

davesgmc

If you could measure the length of the hood from front to back and let me know, it may not even be long enough to cover what i want anyhow. Then on to plan D.

I have still got to get the 4 door conversioncompleted beofre I do any front end work. That is just about to its completetion of the fabrication stage. Cosmetics come later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks