• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this rusty old M37 worth?

rusty_m37

Greetings all,

I been lurking here a while soaking up some of the knowledge. Due to my living location for the foreseeable future, it is impossible to give my M37 the type of care it needs. I have been thinking of selling it and getting something in operating condition. I know this is impossible to answer, but what is my M37 worth?

The good-It has a hard top and PTO winch. Winch works. Body is fair. Drive train is complete and reasonable shape for a 57 year old truck. Very little body damage. I have driven it in the past.

The bad-A lots of junk was left in the bed before I got it and part of the bed is rusted through. No winch bumper. Not currently running (engine is not locked up). Wiring is shot. Brakes are shot.

The ugly-Paint is terrible. A previous owner painted it white with a brush!

Thanks for looking.

Rusty

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Obviously something is only worth what one person is willing to give and one person is willing to take. That being said, you're probably looking at any where from $500 - $2500. There have been some fairly nice, running trucks go on eBay for less than $2500. No brakes, no wiring, no running are all going to be hits against your truck (the paint is no big deal). Your best bet is to look around the OK area to see what others are asking and whether they're selling or not. Unfortunately today's economy, whether really bad or just percieved to be bad, makes it a buyer's market.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't look bad to me at all. If that hard top is made out of steel, that is a hard to find item, and the Braden winch set up is very desirable. If you don't mind having a kinda slow truck, fixing what you got could be a option. Brake parts are not that bad, and you could fab up a wiring harness until you could afford the original. You could have that truck looking great over a weekend with some sandpaper and a couple gallons of 24087 O.D. paint. If I were buying your truck, I would expect to have to pay $1500 even with the rusted bed. Good luck!

rusty_m37

Thanks for all the replies. Around $1500 is what I was thinking it was worth with the winch and steel top. I don't have much in it so I will probably keep it until I get the chance to work on it in the future. There is something about an M37, I have thought of selling it several times but just can bring myself to do it!

Just keep it. You may end up looking a long time to find one in that nice of shape. Appears to be a very nice starting point. Just keep it!! :razz: Get it running and driving and you will never want to sell it!

offroaddiesel

Just keep it. You may end up looking a long time to find one in that nice of shape. Appears to be a very nice starting point. Just keep it!! :razz: Get it running and driving and you will never want to sell it!
good advice ,dispatcher, i have sold things in the past, not many things, and really regretted it. steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks