• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$79 soft tops back in stock at Sportsman Guide

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just ordered another one. Enter coupon SN429 for an additional $10 off. I joined the buyers club and still got out for $83.26 for a top. Purty darn cheap.

sgtrisk

I got one last time, and was moderately pleased with it.

Did anyone else find that the cover was too big to fit snuggly, or to be able to attach the "bungie cords" to the hooks on the back of the cab so that the cover was actually pulled down tight? I had to rig up some auxilliary cords to pull the cover down tightly in the back so that the wind didn't whip it around like crazy.

I know someone had a problem with the front snap not being positioned properly. Can't use it at all, frankly. It's 2-3 inches too far away from where it should be.

AND, it doesn't have the little straps inside to wrap around the top cab bows. I really haven't seen a problem with not having them, but it would be nice.

Other than that, I think it's a great cover for the price. I'm getting my original one repaired and will put it back on eventually, so this works great in the mean time.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My reason for having them is for road trips. I had one come unstitched on the road, in the rain with my then 3 yr old riding shotgun. To make matters worse it was after dark. Now when I travel, I throw one of these in the back of the truck.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Gunwriter, I called or emailed them a couple weeks ago and they said they didn't think they were going to get anymore.

And thanks to Recovry4x4 for the coupon code.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Did you get one Clinto? You stole mine!

Nope, as it turns out their jacked up software screwed me. Went through the whole transaction, got all the way to the cofirmation screen, finished the order. I didn't print it out becuase I was on the laptop and don't have a printer installed.

Then Dawn tried to buy one and for her the site said it was sold out. I went back and tried to find my order and it didn't show it anywhere.

I called them, talked to a rep and they have no record of me buying anything from them. Awesome. Wish I had a printer so I could get my tops :roll:

Anyone have a couple they wanna sell? rofl

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They musta stumbled across a few they missed before and listed them. I got the confirm email so I'm guessing I'm in. A lot of these have shown up on ebay at $180 or so. The Sportsans Guide folks are probably trying to figure out how they can list these and then all of a sudden, they sell out no matter how many they have!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clint you kow there Tan right? You really want to repaint the truck to match the top? You know that not going to fly having a green truck and a tan top.....
Are you kidding Westy? He's going to mark them up 50% and sell them to "Dawn's Surplus Store" for use on the resale trucks!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i see they are sold out!

I grabbed two when I first stumbled across them I think it fits great. I'm very happy with the purchase. I'd buy two more just for the heck of it.

poppop

Something else I found there today. Number four duck canvass in 4 foot by 25 yard rolls for $99.00. It is olive Drab in color. Does anyone know if that is heavy enough to make good seat covers?? Might be a good source for canvass for those projects if the color is right.

jime

Crap! Got an order confirmation and everything! Then I got the weasel's 'sold out' email. They even suckered me in to joining their 'club' with free shipping ad a great discount on a top that never existed!

There's a sucker born every minute! I'm living proof!:|

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks